British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Canadian Military Insignia > General Topics

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 20-04-13, 10:50 PM

Default Researching.....

Hopefully someone can help me. I'm looking for information on an RCAF officer who instructed in the BCATP schools 12 and 20 in Ontario. His name was Einor Ingeberg Swanbergson serial no. C692 (Early joiner!). I've found his two gazetted awards, Commended for Valuable Services in the Air and Air Force Cross. I'd like to get enough info to pull his file from Library and Archives Canada......does anyone know how to find more on him, or possibly how I could obtain more from LAC?

Thanks!
Old 21-04-13, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAF_Mike View Post
Hopefully someone can help me. I'm looking for information on an RCAF officer who instructed in the BCATP schools 12 and 20 in Ontario. His name was Einor Ingeberg Swanbergson serial no. C692 (Early joiner!). I've found his two gazetted awards, Commended for Valuable Services in the Air and Air Force Cross. I'd like to get enough info to pull his file from Library and Archives Canada......does anyone know how to find more on him, or possibly how I could obtain more from LAC?

Thanks!
You have a full name and service number so you should be able to get some info from LAC. You may wish to hire Arnie Kay who knows his way around.
You have probably seen this;
SWANBERGSON, F/L Einor Ingeberg (C692) - Commended for Valuable Services in the Air - No.20 EFTS - Award effective 26 October 1943 as per London Gazette of that date and AFRO 2386/43 dated 19 November 1943. Enlisted at Camp Borden, 4 June 1928. Awarded wings, 27 August 1930. Assigned to Reserve, 5 October, 5 October 1932. Re-engaged at uncertain date. Name is given in some documents as "Swansbergson" but the Air Force List uses the spelling employed here.

This officer, employed as a flying instructor and Assistant Chief Flying Instructor for approximately two and a half years, has demonstrated outstanding qualities of leadership and devotion to duty. His excellent ability, sound judgement and reliability have been predominant in the execution of his duties.

SWANBERGSON, S/L Einor Ingeberg (C692) - Air Force Cross - No.20 EFTS - Award effective 1 January 1946 as per Canada Gazette of that date and AFRO 82/46 dated 25 January 1946. Governor General's Records (RG.7 Group 26, Volume 59, file 190-I, dossier 8) has citation. When recommended he had flown 1,062 hours (as of September 1943), of which 655 were instructional, 164 in previous six months. Award sent by registered mail 28 June 1949.

This officer has been employed on flying instructional duties for over two years. At all times he has demonstrated outstanding qualities of leadership and, by exercising unusual tact, has preserved an atmosphere of co-operation and good will. On many occasions his duties have required him to work for longer than might normally be expected and this he has done cheerfully. He has displayed outstanding ability as an instructor and has made a valuable contribution to successful flying training.
Old 21-04-13, 02:49 PM

Yup, saw those citations. Thanks for the thought of Arnie Kay, I may have to do that. It'd be diffciult for me as "joe public" to get any info from LAC because I have no date of death/proof.......They won't release ww2 service records without it, and then the veteran in question must have been dead for at least 20 years