British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Common Forums > New Member Introduction Zone

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 15-01-17, 07:36 PM

Smile New Member

Hello from the U.S.

I joined just recently and spent the first few days going through older threads searching topics of interest. I know what its like for members to put information out there and then many do not bother to search topics and only ask the same old questions over and over again. I'll try not to be one of those.

Disclosure: I know very little on British Cap Badges and really don't expect to learn every aspect of this filed of study. I collect in several areas but currently, my interests on some of my British WW1 medals have brought me here.

What I am looking to do is learn what the correct style cap badges that some of the people I have medals on would have worn. Not trying to increase value or make up groups of items and claim they are all original to each other but, I would like to get some insignia to add to the display of the medals/bars as it adds to the overall history of the individual IMO. I want to be as accurate as possible in finding and acquiring the correct, period originals to the units they served in.

I also have a couple guys that were awarded the Silver War Badge and I'll be trying to find/add those as well and will be asking for any assistance or directions in my search.

That's why I'm here, probably expand my knowledge and collection as interests grow, we know how that happens but I already collect in too many other areas as it is.

Tim
Old 15-01-17, 08:17 PM

Hi Tim,

A heartfelt 'welcome' to the forum. I'm also in the US (but English).

There is a lot of knowledgable gents here, so I'm sure you are in the right place.

Cheerio,

Roy

Despatch Rider Insignia & Photographs.

Author/Dealer in the Fairbairn Sykes Fighting Knife
My website: www.fsknife.com