British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Everything Else > Other Militaria

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 12-06-17, 01:03 PM

Default Booklets. pamphlets & Ephemera

By now the Forum will have realised that I am an "all-rounder". I have collected all sorts of militaria since boyhood and I still have a soft spot for items that are on the periphery of a collection. Case in point - booklets, pamphlets and ephemera. Such items are in the main fortunate to have survived as they are wont to be discarded as worthless household litter, especially years after the holder's demise. To be truthful, I no longer look specifically for these items, but never turn any vagrants away!
Among the selection shared today:
A very grubby, pocket-sized "My Military Missal" for use by US Servicemen - and evidently well-used. Vintage WW2.
"Notes on Military Sanitation" is dated 1906.
"First Aid to the Injured & Sick" is a WW1 publication (1917).

GTB
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bookletsephemera_0001.jpg (57.0 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg bookletsephemera_0002.jpg (43.1 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg bookletsephemera_0003.jpg (56.0 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg bookletsephemera_0004.jpg (49.8 KB, 33 views)
Old 12-06-17, 07:06 PM

Hi Gard

Nice to see items that, as you say, rarely survive in the way cloth or metal badges do. Out of interest, is the Admiralty Constabulary notebook for a UK or Malta-based officer? I would have loved that 20 years ago - I did have the covers for Royal Marine Police and War Department Constabulary notebooks at one time.

I think there are stll photos of an Admiralty Police (Mauritius) blank Warrant Card I once had: swapped it with another collector, swapped it back many years later, then sold it to a Forum member.

All the best

Graham
I am looking to purchase items from the British Administration Police & Prison Services in Cyrenaica & Tripolitania; Eritrea & Ethiopia; Somalia (f. Italian Somaliland) & British Somaliland; & the Dodecanese: insignia, documents, photographs etc.
Old 12-06-17, 07:08 PM

Here's the aforementioned Warrant Card:

Graham
I am looking to purchase items from the British Administration Police & Prison Services in Cyrenaica & Tripolitania; Eritrea & Ethiopia; Somalia (f. Italian Somaliland) & British Somaliland; & the Dodecanese: insignia, documents, photographs etc.
Old 12-06-17, 07:47 PM

Hi Graham

The Admiralty Constabulary Note Book shown belonged to my wife's uncle (Maltese). His details are inside and show his unit to be 'A' Division.
Incidentally, the Soldier's Service & Pay Book shown also belonged to him. He served in Malta during the War in the King's Own Malta Regt.

GTB
Old 13-06-17, 09:41 AM

Not an ephemera item by any measure and in a league of its own. This scarce and valuable Queen Victoria's Diamond Anniversary Procession souvenir booklet is entirely embellished with beautiful colour plates depicting the uniforms splendour of a bygone age. Unfortunately I cannot scan as I will only damage the construction of this truly a collector's item

GTB
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SouvenirDiaJubProcession.jpg (72.4 KB, 8 views)