British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Airborne, Elite and Special Forces Insignia

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 11-07-17, 08:35 PM

Default Para/Glider Regt patches

Hello...I would appreciate aome opinions on these para and glider regt. patches. The blue and yellow Pegasus patches are from the 70-80's but, I am unsure if they are real. The others I am not quite certain as to era. Thanks.

Old 11-07-17, 09:43 PM

I could doubt all the titles except the embroidered glider example from the 50's. the light bulb is probably correct but again post war.

Jerry
Old 12-07-17, 07:03 AM

In my opinion all the titles are fake, sorry...

Keith
Old 12-07-17, 07:42 PM

Thanks for those opinions...if some other members could comment, it would be most helpful. I would like to have a clear understanding of their authenticity or not before I contact the seller...as they were sold to me as original para flashes. Thanks.
Old 12-07-17, 08:30 PM

I agree with the comments above. For what it is worth the only items in that group I would accept is the course only parachutist "light bulb" badge - and that is a post-War example. Mike
Old 13-07-17, 05:36 AM

The printed titles are particularly bad, I'm afraid. The Pegasus badges might just pass, but all the rest except the lightbulb - not rare at all - are dud.
Old 13-07-17, 06:29 AM

Can you get a refund?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rucker View Post
Hello...I would appreciate aome opinions on these para and glider regt. patches. The blue and yellow Pegasus patches are from the 70-80's but, I am unsure if they are real. The others I am not quite certain as to era. Thanks.

Old 13-07-17, 01:32 PM

Thanks all for the responses...it is appreciated. I've traded with the seller before and he is an honest trader. I never dealt with British Para patches before and I pounced on the deal with a lot of faith. Nature of the hobby...some wins, a lot of misses. Cheers.
Old 13-07-17, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Thanks all for the responses...it is appreciated. I've traded with the seller before and he is an honest trader. I never dealt with British Para patches before and I pounced on the deal with a lot of faith. Nature of the hobby...some wins, a lot of misses. Cheers.
From your response I assume you paid copy/fake prices for the lot, because I sure as sh#t would be demanding a refund if I had paid anywhere near the going rate for the lot.

A single printed para title sold recently at auction for £160 and the whole lot would be quite a tidy sum from my budget.

Jerry
Old 13-07-17, 07:16 PM

An "honest" trader who actually sold those as original?

Quote:
Old 14-07-17, 06:50 AM

Frank an honest trader can get things wrong.
If the buyer asked for a refund due to them being fakes/ copies and he complied that speaks volumes.
If said trader relisted without mentioning that there's doubts on the items then he / she is dodgy as sh@t
Jon
Old 14-07-17, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JON188 View Post
Frank an honest trader can get things wrong.
If the buyer asked for a refund due to them being fakes/ copies and he complied that speaks volumes.
If said trader relisted without mentioning that there's doubts on the items then he / she is dodgy as sh@t
Jon
Jon, totally agree.

And imho, I like the light bulb and the pegasus (late examples), otherwise yeah don't like the titles at all.
Old 14-07-17, 09:27 AM

Default Good Peggy's

I too like the Peggy's Tom
Old 14-07-17, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JON188 View Post
I too like the Peggy's Tom
Did we resolve these yellow on blue ones?

Marc