British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Other Commonwealth Military Insignia > Colonial Police and Paramilitary Badges

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 12-08-17, 12:22 PM

Default British Indian Ocean Territory Police

A temporary home for my British Indian Ocean Territory Police collection prior to putting them in a proper frame.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 12Aug2017 001b.jpg (52.1 KB, 71 views)
I am looking to purchase items from the British Administration Police & Prison Services in Cyrenaica & Tripolitania; Eritrea & Ethiopia; Somalia (f. Italian Somaliland) & British Somaliland; & the Dodecanese: insignia, documents, photographs etc.
Old 12-08-17, 12:35 PM

Very nice, mate
Old 12-08-17, 02:25 PM

Graham,

Very nicely presented. You need the metal badge. See the attached photo of a warrant card holder/badge. The cap badge is identical but has two loops to the reverse. Another for your "wants" list mate. I think its a pity they don't utilise the full title on their insignia. BIOT is (personal opinion) rather meaningless to the uninitiated. I've yet to show the badge to anyone who had the slightest inkling as to where it was from!

Dave.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF7616.jpg (117.0 KB, 21 views)
Old 12-08-17, 02:29 PM

i saw on for sale, Dave, but at the time it was far out of my reach.
Old 12-08-17, 02:52 PM

Very nice indeed,

Lovely to see these interesting piece.

Cheers,

Roy

Despatch Rider Insignia & Photographs.

Author/Dealer in the Fairbairn Sykes Fighting Knife
My website: www.fsknife.com
Old 12-08-17, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by altcar73 View Post
You need the metal badge. See the attached photo of a warrant card holder/badge. The cap badge is identical but has two loops to the reverse. Another for your "wants" list mate. I think its a pity they don't utilise the full title on their insignia. BIOT is (personal opinion) rather meaningless to the uninitiated. I've yet to show the badge to anyone who had the slightest inkling as to where it was from!
Thank you Dave, I'd need the earlier badge as well, but I'll take what I can find. As regards to the title again, I agree. I did write to them in the early 90s and got a nice reply apologising that they couldn't spare me a badge - will frame that one day.

All the best

Graham
I am looking to purchase items from the British Administration Police & Prison Services in Cyrenaica & Tripolitania; Eritrea & Ethiopia; Somalia (f. Italian Somaliland) & British Somaliland; & the Dodecanese: insignia, documents, photographs etc.
Old 03-03-24, 10:16 PM

I’ve recently been fortunate to add this British Indian Ocean Territory Police cap badge to my collection. ?

Graham
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2326bf.jpg (69.2 KB, 3 views)