British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Everything Else > Civilian Services: Police, Prison Service, Fire Brigade, Merchant Navy, etc.

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 27-06-17, 03:25 PM

Default New Book - "Special Constabulary Badges of England & Wales".

A new book has just been published entitled "Special Constabulary Badges of England & Wales". Softback. A4 size. 138 pages depicting over 750 colour photos of Special Constabulary badges from the Great War to the present day. Plus 38 black and white period photos featuring members of the Special Constabulary. The book has been privately published and is of a limited print run. For anyone interested the price is £25 per copy. This is inclusive of UK postage. Payment via PAYPAL (family & friends). PM me if you would like a copy.

Dave.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img065.jpg (47.2 KB, 112 views)
Old 30-06-17, 01:45 PM

Just received my copy. Very impressed. A comprehensive listing of the badges worn by the many Special Constables from WWI onwards.

Good colour badge photos and lots of contemporary photos of Specials wearing the badges. Thoroughly recommended.

Well done to both authors.

Jon

Jon
Old 30-06-17, 10:52 PM

Mine arrived this morning, can't believe how quickly it got here. Had a very quick flick through before i left for work. Looks excellent.
Old 03-07-17, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postwarden View Post
Just received my copy. Very impressed. A comprehensive listing of the badges worn by the many Special Constables from WWI onwards.

Good colour badge photos and lots of contemporary photos of Specials wearing the badges. Thoroughly recommended.

Well done to both authors.

Jon

Jon
Ditto
well impressed in all respects.
Old 05-08-17, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by altcar73 View Post
A new book has just been published entitled "Special Constabulary Badges of England & Wales". Softback. A4 size. 138 pages depicting over 750 colour photos of Special Constabulary badges from the Great War to the present day. Plus 38 black and white period photos featuring members of the Special Constabulary. The book has been privately published and is of a limited print run. For anyone interested the price is £25 per copy. This is inclusive of UK postage. Payment via PAYPAL (family & friends). PM me if you would like a copy.

Dave.
Dave, can you tell me how much the postage to Malta be pl, as I am interested in your book.

Joe
Old 08-08-17, 06:24 AM

Joe now has a copy of the book on the way to him.

Dave.
Old 24-02-20, 11:28 PM

Default Hi

Are there anymore of these books available? Thanks