British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Other Commonwealth Military Insignia > Arab Nations

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 01-05-11, 12:41 AM

Default Palestine Police

Mark

I will have him come over and view this post as well as I will take some photos of his PP Memorabilia. I do remember he has the Cap and Shoulder titles as well as his number in Arabic(?).

As I said before he is sharp as a tack and we talk a lot about his time in the Royal Navy as well as his time in the PP. He joined the RCMP in 1950 and I was born in 1951. We talk about the old days in the RCMP, I joined in 1972. I keep on telling him he should journal his experiences in the War on a mine sweeper, the PP and the RCMP. He did not keep much from his time in the Navy with the exception of his Medals and a badge that was given out for minesweeping. He has a few PP items mounted on a board as well as a few items from the RCMP. He was not a big collector, to bad, as he could have had a number of items that people on this forum would have appreciated.

I will get in touch with you upon his return.

Jack
Old 04-05-11, 08:08 PM

Jack,

It will be interesting to see some images of your friends insignia / medals. It will be a bonus if he recognizes any of the above names in this thread.

Yours aye,
Mark
Old 31-07-13, 11:51 PM

Default Palestine Police buttons held by chains

Hi All,
I thought I would revive this thread to show these buttons.
They are of the smallest size 13mm diam approx., made by Firmin, London and the full distance between buttons held by chains is about 26mm.
They could be cuff links but the distance is rather long for those.
Is there another use for these?
Thanks, Tinto
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PPbuttons.jpg (58.9 KB, 19 views)
Old 01-08-13, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinto View Post
Hi All,
I thought I would revive this thread to show these buttons.
They are of the smallest size 13mm diam approx., made by Firmin, London and the full distance between buttons held by chains is about 26mm.
They could be cuff links but the distance is rather long for those.
Is there another use for these?
Thanks, Tinto
Tinto,

They are used to fasten the front of a mess dress jacket.

Dave.
Old 01-08-13, 08:11 AM

I thought other members might be interested in these two photographs I found in a photograph album inherited from an uncle in Dublin: as far as I know this was not a family member but probably connected to my uncle through school, church or scouts.

Palestine Police Constable '297', W.C. Castle - written in pencil on the reverse is “Summer Uniform”.

Palestine Police Constable '297', W.C. Castle - written in pencil on the reverse is “Summer Uniform/Leaving on patrol/K......... Jerusalem/......... 1937.”

Update 01/01/2014 - I now believe I have identified him from the PRO file Ref: WO 100/510. According to this file ‘297’ was Temp A/Brit Sgt W.C. Castle.
Reference: WO 100/510 - General Service Medal 1918-1962: Clasp Palestine: Trans Jordan Frontier Force, Palestine Police (http://discovery.nationalarchives.go...ndex=1&page=32)
Last viewed: 01/01/2014.

Graham
I am looking to purchase items from the British Administration Police & Prison Services in Cyrenaica & Tripolitania; Eritrea & Ethiopia; Somalia (f. Italian Somaliland) & British Somaliland; & the Dodecanese: insignia, documents, photographs etc.

Last edited by Chacal; 01-01-14 at 09:19 PM. Reason: Updating information re. photographs
Old 01-08-13, 08:01 PM

Thanks very much for the information, Dave.
Great photos, Graham.
Cheers,
Tinto