British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > General Topics.

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 05-10-17, 12:28 PM

Default so i spend £300 on a cloth patch to receive it today stuck to a piece of paper !!

....rather annoyed ,wouldnt have minded so much if it was £5...opened the letter to find it sellotaped to a bit of paper...sad fact this removed about 70% of the original backing paper....just emailed the seller ...grrrhhhhhhh rant over !!
cheers lol
Steve
Old 05-10-17, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrestingu View Post
....rather annoyed ,wouldnt have minded so much if it was £5...opened the letter to find it sellotaped to a bit of paper...sad fact this removed about 70% of the original backing paper....just emailed the seller ...grrrhhhhhhh rant over !!
cheers lol
Steve
Not quite as galling as your experience Steve, but still inexorably irksome in the extreme... some time ago I bought the attached postcard. On the website it was pristine and assured by the seller to be as such. When it arrived in the post, it had been placed in a thin, paper envelope with no protective card or plastic sleeve, and as a result had been subjected to the all the expected dings and dents. The crease can be seen there still, stretching left to right like a scornful mouth, grinning sardonically out at me every time I look at it.

EA2E8AC2-D5B9-4F03-99CB-8B358B4D6FC6.jpg

Last edited by Jelly Terror; 05-10-17 at 01:25 PM.
Old 05-10-17, 12:55 PM

At 300, I would expected it wraped in a clear bag, with cardboard on the outside. Reminds me of the Royal Anglian China plate off eBay that was sent in a Tesco 5p bag. It broke in 8 bits as it passed through the post office
Old 05-10-17, 12:59 PM

I presume spending £300 on a cloth badge, the seller is a well known dealer ?

P.B.

Members welcome in my private Facebook group “The Kings Liverpool Regiment ( 1685-1958 )”
Old 05-10-17, 01:29 PM

No , not a known dealer....peoples stupidity though never ceases to amaze me though, why send a mint card with no protection, or even a plate !! ..in a tesco bag ...just why ??? ...i remember buying a bronze trophy for a pilots first air victory ...that reached me in three pieces...it sadned me so much i just eventually sold it on for a lot less than i paid for it...still gutted now lol
cheers all feeling better !!
Steve
Old 05-10-17, 01:38 PM

I would be interested to see this badge.
It must be nice for £300!

Any chance of a photo?

regards

Manchester Regiment Collector
Rank, Prize & Trade Badges
British & Commonwealth Artillery Badges
Old 05-10-17, 02:06 PM

sure mate, pic enclosed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG2305_1.jpg (53.8 KB, 148 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG2306_1.jpg (44.2 KB, 124 views)
Old 05-10-17, 02:09 PM

Hi Steve,

A lovely patch but gosh that seller's actions were totally inappropriate.

Have you heard back from them?

At the end of the day I assume the badge was not received as per the photos you were sent.

Good luck,

Roy

Despatch Rider Insignia & Photographs.

Author/Dealer in the Fairbairn Sykes Fighting Knife
My website: www.fsknife.com
Old 05-10-17, 02:09 PM

Thanks, thats a scarce pattern with the wire I should think.

regarsd

Manchester Regiment Collector
Rank, Prize & Trade Badges
British & Commonwealth Artillery Badges
Old 05-10-17, 02:11 PM

Yes very scarce,he served with the 4th SAS Squadron Free French WW2. ...been after one for ages as it is a beautiful wing .
no still have had no response.
cheers all Steve
Old 05-10-17, 02:34 PM

In view of all the circumstances it might be worth pushing for a fairly substantial part refund.

P.B.

Members welcome in my private Facebook group “The Kings Liverpool Regiment ( 1685-1958 )”
Old 05-10-17, 03:24 PM

Just a little anecdote to be forewarned. It's bad when the fault is a third party's, but inexcusable when the fault is ours.

Years ago I purchased a large WW1 testimonial. It duly arrived carefully rolled up in a protective carton tube. (similar to the type that posters are dispatched in - only on a smaller scale). Item arrived in good condition and I promptly squashed the tube and discarded it. It was only some time later that I was apprised that such testimonials were originally dispatched in such a tube and which would have had various signatures or otherwise. In other words both complement each other and are desirable in that the tubes would have invariably been disposed of once the testimonial was framed. Mea Culpa.

GTB

Last edited by GTB; 05-10-17 at 03:55 PM. Reason: inserting text
Old 05-10-17, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTB View Post
Just a little anecdote to be forewarned. It's bad when the fault is a third party's, but inexcusable when the fault is ours.

Years ago I purchased a large WW1 testimonial. It duly arrived carefully rolled up in a protective carton tube. (similar to the type that posters are dispatched in - only on a smaller scale). Item arrived in good condition and I promptly squashed the tube and discarded it. It was only some time later that I was apprised that such testimonials were originally dispatched in such a tube and which would have had various signatures or otherwise. In other words both complement each other and are desirable in that the tubes would have invariably been disposed of once the testimonial was framed. Mea Culpa.

GTB
I have one with tube, I didn't throw the tube away but filed it away in a binder with the document - after a few decades thus "protected" the tube's totally flat.
Old 05-10-17, 07:16 PM

This thread brought back memories for me....not a badge but a VERY rare-unusual RAF Goggle (MK1V series) spares box, sent for it from a top Dealer of mainly ww11 RAF Collectables........arrived simply wrapped in brown paper!....how it made it I do not know!
A few years ago now and he's no longer Dealing I don't think (postal listings, pre on-line sites, Auctions etc...)
He had some wonderful items, still to this day not seen another box the same, though another Dealer said he had, had one, but his packing was AWFUL!
Old 06-10-17, 06:06 AM

Lovely wing Steve

Paul