British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Schools, OTC and Cadets

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 21-12-17, 02:35 AM

Default GRANTHAM KINGS SCHOOL J T C

I've just taken delivery of these badges courtesy of eBay. The Junior Training Corps badge was what I was after and the other school badges were a bonus. My presumption is that they are badges for blazer, sports kit, school cap or similar, and not connected to the cadets.
Can anyone shed more light on them please?

Thanks, Stephen.

PS- if anyone has GM Louth or Stamford OTC titles they would like to dispose of...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Grantham Kings School JTC.jpg (71.4 KB, 47 views)
Old 21-12-17, 09:07 AM
Super Moderator

I suspect that you are right and they are school uniform. The OTC wore this badge http://www.britishbadgeforum.com/for...ctureid=108479 and to my knowledge there was not a JTC version.

The school CCF are currently badge to the Royal Lancers (still wearing QRL badges on their website). I suspect they wore Lincs badges in the 1940s and onwards but that is supposition on my part until I can find evidence to support it.

Last edited by Alan O; 22-12-17 at 01:27 PM.
Old 21-12-17, 11:25 AM

Default Grantham JTC

Thanks Alan.
Old 21-12-17, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan O View Post
I suspect that you are right and they are school uniform. The OTC wore this badge http://www.britishbadgeforum.com/for...ctureid=108479 and to my knowledge there was not a JTC version.

The school CCF are currently badge to the Royal Lancers (still wearing QRL badges). .
Not any more they don't - they now wear The RL badge
Old 22-12-17, 01:06 PM

Another case perhaps of "never saying never". whilst I think they are blazer badges, in the attached picture of the long disbanded ACF unit at my old school, the cadet behind the two central officers is wearing what looks like a school blazer badge on his sash, so perhaps in some circumstances blazer badges had a military/ cadet use.

P.B.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bluecoat cadets.jpg (94.0 KB, 15 views)

Members welcome in my private Facebook group “The Kings Liverpool Regiment ( 1685-1958 )”
Old 22-12-17, 01:11 PM

Although I dont own the Liverpool Institute JTC titles in the attached first photo, I have wondered if the central badge might have had a use in the JTC.

Later LICCF adopted a cloth arm badge as shown in the second photo , could this have been an old idea readopted ?

P.B.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Liverpool Institute J.T.C..jpg (46.9 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3146.jpg (64.1 KB, 12 views)

Members welcome in my private Facebook group “The Kings Liverpool Regiment ( 1685-1958 )”