British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > General Topics.

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 09-04-18, 07:16 AM

Pity about the Camden Market
I remember a few of the dealers saying they weren't going to continue trading there last time I was there. Too far to travel and too few returns. Internet trading was the way forward.
Old 10-04-18, 06:56 AM

Might be worth you buying some covert body armour, in particular, if your visit takes you into the suburbs!
Reminiscent of Johannesburg at the moment, very sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafbyniggle View Post
Hi,

I will be visiting London in early June and would like to take the opportunity to purchase a few cap badges to round out my collection. Can anyone recommend some militaria shops or even reputable street vendors that sell badges? I do not trust myself in most cases to distinguish an original badge from a well done restrike so I am willing to spend a little extra if I am confident the dealer in question is an honest broker. An internet search reveals a number of military antique stores in London that carry medals, bronze busts, china, and headdress but no mention is made of badges (perhaps because they are relatively inexpensive items?). Also are there any militaria fairs in the London area the first two weeks of June I might visit? Thanks in advance for any responses!
Old 10-04-18, 07:35 AM

Chatham Fair is on the 10th June approx 1hr from London
Bromley Fair is on the 17th , 20 mins from London
A good one is at Stratford Upon Avon on the 10th but is 2hrs or more from London, I would guess by train there would be a couple of changes required it being a Sunday.
Paul