British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Common Forums > It's a Mystery -Unknown Insignia for Identification

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 11-12-17, 09:29 AM

Default Can Anyone ID this badge please?

Thanks for any help

But

I have some Cap badges that have come with the medal that I have in my family collection but really now very little about this subject....... Can anyone help!

Happy Collecting and thank you for any help that you Badge Collectors may offer.
Old 11-12-17, 01:21 PM

Well, you are correct - the badge pictured does not have a bugle horn at the bottom but what looks to be a title scroll. Sadly, to quote somebody or other, I am now 'better informed but none the wiser'.

That is to say, no idea of the unit, though perhaps others will see a familiar shape in this.
Old 12-12-17, 02:20 AM

Question Anyone know what this badge is please?

Thanks Peter, perhaps one of the collectors of Indian Regiments might be able to help.......

Any clue as to who I should contact please?

But

I have some Cap badges that have come with the medal that I have in my family collection but really now very little about this subject....... Can anyone help!

Happy Collecting and thank you for any help that you Badge Collectors may offer.
Old 12-12-17, 06:38 AM
Member 2010-21- Rest in Peace

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by neale View Post
Thank you here is the improved image of this unknown badge.
G'day Chris

I have searched the "Dead Spartan Militaria" site and have found 4 Ceylon Light Infantry badges, however they don't look like the "improved" image as shown above.

If you go into the Dead Spartan site and use the word search box on the top left, the second box and type in Ceylon Light Infantry and click GO the images will come up.

Regards

Phil.
Old 12-12-17, 09:07 AM

Default Thanks i will have a look :) Badge Difficult to ID.

Cheers Phil, I will have a look.

Seem this badge is a bit of a difficult one to ID.

Thanks for the reply and help.

Chris.

But

Old 12-12-17, 12:45 PM

Chris

Try re-posting this in the 'Indian' sub-forum where folks like Khyber may see it. And good luck!

Peter
Old 12-12-17, 10:12 PM

Thumbs up Thanks Peter.

I have sent Khyber a P.M.

With luck he might be able to help or know of someone who can ID the badge.
Thanks again for the help and efforts.

But

Old 13-12-17, 06:17 AM

Chris, have sent you a PM

Could the 3 Tigers indicate a Malay connection? The crescent would fit in with the dominant religion there and also the fluency in Tamil would have helped as Malaya had a large immigrant population of Indian Tamils. Just thinking out of the box

Are there any other signs on the officer's uniform that give any indication? a shoulder title/ collars?? or if its part of a group . the accompanying officers might give a clue..
Old 13-12-17, 06:35 AM

Thumbs up I will have to have a look!

Hi Again,

I will have a look regarding additional insignia.

I have tried to send your recommended contact an email but the email address provided appears not to be correct. Can you PM me again with his contact details please.

This does appear to be an interesting investigative project

Thanks again,
Chris.

But

Old 13-12-17, 06:50 AM

Question Crescents on Collar.

Hi,

Seems to be a Crescent on each collar of his uniform.
Does That help?

But

Old 13-12-17, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neale View Post
Hi Again,

I will have a look regarding additional insignia.

I have tried to send your recommended contact an email but the email address provided appears not to be correct. Can you PM me again with his contact details please.

This does appear to be an interesting investigative project

Thanks again,
Chris.
Am surprised the email is showing an error. Have send you a PM
Old 13-12-17, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khyber View Post
Are there any other signs on the officer's uniform that give any indication? a shoulder title/ collars?? or if its part of a group . the accompanying officers might give a clue..
The black buttons in the first image suggest Light Infantry or Rifles?

Rgds, Thomas
Old 14-12-17, 01:42 PM

Well spotted, Fougasse! They would indeed.
Old 14-12-17, 07:55 PM

Thumbs up Badge ID Confirmed :)

Thank you all for the help, advice and knowledge.

Okay the badge in question appears to be:

17th Loyal (Purbia) Regiment badge.
Pre Scroll type but also Kings crown.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg This is the Badge 17th Loyal (Purbia) Regt..jpg (34.8 KB, 1 views)

But

Last edited by neale; 15-12-17 at 05:19 AM.
Old 15-12-17, 01:47 PM