British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > General Topics.

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 31-08-17, 08:50 AM

Default Contact Parcel Force If You Expect Parcel From Abroad - System Failure.

If you are expecting a parcel from outside the UK & have recently paid customs duties on it be aware that a computer system failure means that even if you have received email acknowledgement & a delivery date they may not be aware that you have paid.

I paid duties on the 26th, delivery was due on the 30th, but a system meltdown has resulted in thousands of such transactions not being updated as paid.
Staff are working off PDF doc lists rather than the system being automatically updated.
Parcel Force have not updated their site to state this.
The only reason I know is because I phoned to query why my parcel hadn't been delivered.
If your parcel hasn't been delivered on schedule then it may be worth your while phoning & have them check the PDFs so that it can be cleared for delivery.
Old 31-08-17, 04:13 PM

Perhaps it should be renamed Parcel Farce!

David
Old 31-08-17, 04:53 PM

It took about 2 days for my parcel to travel across America & the Atlantic & 12 days so far for it not to travel the 100 miles or so from London to me.
Even without the computer meltdown, it would have taken 11 days if I'd received it yesterday as scheduled.
Allowing for weekends, bank holidays & delay by customs that seems rather slow.
As I've phoned & the cross - reffing re. fees paid's been done the old fashioned way my parcel should arrive tomorrow, although Parcel Force still haven't updated their site to indicate that duties have been paid & it's cleared for delivery.
I must admit that it gives me a warm feeling, paying about £12 handling fee on top of duty & $40 postage.

I wasn't intending a lengthy whinge, just to let people know to phone in as it looks like that's what you need to do to get packages cleared for delivery, but hey ho.........
...............and ................ relax..............