British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Everything Else > Off topic

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 11-09-13, 05:48 PM

Default Alerts To Threats In 2013 Europe

I found this on another forum and wanted to share.

ALERTS TO THREATS IN 2013 EUROPE

From JOHN CLEESE

The English are feeling the pinch in relation to recent events in Syria and have therefore raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved." Soon, though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross." The English have not been "A Bit Cross" since the blitz in 1940 when tea supplies nearly ran out. Terrorists have been re-categorized from "Tiresome" to "A Bloody Nuisance." The last time the British issued a "Bloody Nuisance" warning level was in 1588, when threatened by the Spanish Armada.

The Scots have raised their threat level from "Pissed Off" to "Let's get the Bastards." They don't have any other levels. This is the reason they have been used on the front line of the British army for the last 300 years.

The French government announced yesterday that it has raised its terror alert level from "Run" to "Hide." The only two higher levels in France are "Collaborate" and "Surrender." The rise was precipitated by a recent fire that destroyed France 's white flag factory, effectively paralyzing the country's military capability.

Italy has increased the alert level from "Shout Loudly and Excitedly" to "Elaborate Military Posturing." Two more levels remain: "Ineffective Combat Operations" and "Change Sides."

The Germans have increased their alert state from "Disdainful Arrogance" to "Dress in Uniform and Sing Marching Songs." They also have two higher levels: "Invade a Neighbour" and "Lose."

Belgians, on the other hand, are all on holiday as usual; the only threat they are worried about is NATO pulling out of Brussels ..

The Spanish are all excited to see their new submarines ready to deploy. These beautifully designed subs have glass bottoms so the new Spanish navy can get a really good look at the old Spanish navy.

Australia, meanwhile, has raised its security level from "No worries" to "She'll be right, Mate." Two more escalation levels remain: "Crikey! I think we'll need to cancel the barbie this weekend!" and "The barbie is cancelled." So far no situation has ever warranted use of the last final escalation level.

Regards,
John Cleese ,
British writer, actor and tall person

Hope you enjoy,

Don
Old 11-09-13, 05:57 PM

Brilliant! Thanks for posting it!
Mike
Old 11-09-13, 06:02 PM

It made I larf! Standby for possible incoming from some EU members. I suggest a steel helmet, pickaxe handle and a loud voice could be the order of the day.

Last edited by ORISKANY; 11-09-13 at 06:04 PM. Reason: typo
Old 11-09-13, 09:22 PM

Thanks for posting, still laughing now, brilliant!!

Bill.
Old 12-09-13, 11:53 AM

Very funny!

I've always liked his sense of humour... he did a recent tour of Canada that he called "See me before I die".
Old 12-09-13, 03:23 PM

I didn't see the Americans there.

Are they going to turn up on the list in three years time?

Three years too late, yet again
Old 12-09-13, 03:52 PM

Thumbs up Humour

The man has been at the forefront of comedy for years, long may it continue.

Thanks for sharing.

Rob
Old 12-09-13, 09:43 PM

Europeans are quiet, no comments?