British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Australian Military Insignia > General Topics

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 01-08-17, 12:10 PM

Default In Recognition...

A little plug here for our very own 'Drew', who is currently in the process of putting together what I personally feel is an absolutely brilliant 'database' on London Regiment-related cloth badges and dress uniforms.

I sincerely hope he won't mind me saying so, but much of 'Drew's' work is taking shape over on the GWF, where many of us are already members. I would urge anyone with an interest in the London Regiment (and even those without, for that matter) to take a moment or two to feast their eyes on the superb illustrations he has created within a couple of GWF threads (links below), some of which have already featured here on the BCMBF.

Not only has 'Drew' (Chris) gone to an enormous amount of effort to create these brilliant works, but he has been selfless enough to share his hard work with everyone else. A real asset to the hobby and one of the nicest blokes you could hope to meet.

Please keep up the great work Chris... I for one am a big fan of what you're doing and sincerely hope to see your considerable talents flourish even further. Fantastic stuff!

Regards to all,

JT

[As a matter of courtesy, I should just mention that the GWF thread in the first link was created by GWF member 'MBrockway']

http://1914-1918.invisionzone.com/fo...omment-2457771

http://1914-1918.invisionzone.com/fo...omment-2424466

Last edited by Jelly Terror; 01-08-17 at 12:52 PM.
Old 01-08-17, 06:16 PM

Looks like a great site.
Andy
Old 02-08-17, 10:57 PM

Thanks very much indeed.

JT, very kind of you to give it a mention. I would welcome any criticisms or observations, no matter how small or trivial they may seem, as that will help me to improve it all.

Cheers everyone.

Chris
Old 02-08-17, 11:22 PM

My pleasure, Chris.

Apologies, but I seem to have posted in the Australian section by mistake [plonker!].

Any chance it could be moved over to the UK forum, please Mods?

Thank you.