British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Everything Else > Off topic

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 11-08-17, 02:29 PM

Default North Korea

Excuse my ignorance, but does the USA have an Embassy in North Korea, or is this latest most dangerous exchange between President Trump and Kim Jong-Un going to continue on "twitter" and the TV ?
Just wondering in case I have to start building my fall-out shelter prior to World War 3 !
Old 11-08-17, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Mc William View Post
Excuse my ignorance, but does the USA have an Embassy in North Korea, or is this latest most dangerous exchange between President Trump and Kim Jong-Un going to continue on "twitter" and the TV ?
Just wondering in case I have to start building my fall-out shelter prior to World War 3 !
There is no US embassy in North Korea because, technically they are still at war following the cease-fire of 1953,NO peace treaty having being signed since.

List of diplomatic missions in North Korea;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...in_North_Korea

I don't think West Yorshire has nothing to be afraid but us,in Canada, being so damn close to the USA makes us a bit nervous. If a missile leaves North Korea for the USA and misses its target of the western or central part of the US by a few short hundred miles then, it is us who will get it on the head........
Jo

“There are things we know that we know,” “There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we do not know we don't know.”
Donald Rumsfeld, before the Iraqi Invasion,2003.

Age is something that doesn't matter, unless you are a cheese.

Last edited by Voltigeur; 11-08-17 at 02:48 PM.
Old 11-08-17, 02:55 PM

Default Binoculars

As an active birdwatcher, I was wondering if anyone knew where to get the self-focussing binoculars that Kim is using.
The rest of us have to use a centre focussing wheel with one finger, but he seems to follow flying rockets without focussing the bins!!
Old 11-08-17, 03:12 PM

Thanks Jo ... that's very reassuring (for me). So I don't have to dig up my lawn just yet then and can continue to mow the grass as usual. I guess you may have to consider making some contingency plans tho'. Regards Jeff
Old 11-08-17, 03:28 PM

Looks like Germany has come to the rescue.

Changed days....

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/an...rticle/2631256
Old 11-08-17, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWEF View Post
Looks like Germany has come to the rescue.

Changed days....

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/an...rticle/2631256
Very good. However ... to be on the safe side, I think I will have to postpone my holiday arrangements to Guam for this year.
Old 11-08-17, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltigeur View Post

I don't think West Yorshire has nothing to be afraid but us,in Canada, being so damn close to the USA makes us a bit nervous. If a missile leaves North Korea for the USA and misses its target of the western or central part of the US by a few short hundred miles then, it is us who will get it on the head........
Jo
Jo

Greetings from here in the crosshairs. If the NK's should miss us to the south instead of the north and wipe out Mexico at least then Trump won't have to build his wall. Just a little gallows humor to brighten your day.

Don
Old 11-08-17, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Mc William View Post
Thanks Jo ... that's very reassuring (for me). So I don't have to dig up my lawn just yet then and can continue to mow the grass as usual. I guess you may have to consider making some contingency plans tho'. Regards Jeff
As for myself,not having direct access to a garden, living in a second storey apt., I will have to dig up the plans and rely either on a Morisson shelter or,if the landlady approve (after a long discussion) an Anderson shelter. After all, they were already put to the test.... sometimes in the early '40s.

Jo

“There are things we know that we know,” “There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we do not know we don't know.”

Old 11-08-17, 05:16 PM

Default Nuke DPRK

Some of the more senior members of the Forum have been here before.
This should cheer everyone up!

http://b-29s-over-korea.com/NorthKor...50-War_02.html
Old 11-08-17, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empire collector View Post
As an active birdwatcher, I was wondering if anyone knew where to get the self-focussing binoculars that Kim is using.
The rest of us have to use a centre focussing wheel with one finger, but he seems to follow flying rockets without focussing the bins!!
You don't get it,Kim, has eyes that can see to thousand of kilometers without the aid of binoculars, those are only for the press photos.As everyone knows Kim has perfect eyesight.....

Jo

Last edited by Voltigeur; 11-08-17 at 05:48 PM.
Old 11-08-17, 06:12 PM

I believe Trump is right in basically telling North Korea, to wind their necks in.
Andy
Old 11-08-17, 07:01 PM

Actually, the UK was the first to set up a diplomatic mission in Pyongyang, so they set up an embassy in a detached house in Ealing..
Old 11-08-17, 07:15 PM

Another country I'm glad I visited when I did.

Graham
I am looking to purchase items from the British Administration Police & Prison Services in Cyrenaica & Tripolitania; Eritrea & Ethiopia; Somalia (f. Italian Somaliland) & British Somaliland; & the Dodecanese: insignia, documents, photographs etc.
Old 12-08-17, 06:44 AM

The only thing these two ego-centrics have in common is their ghastly haircuts !!