British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Cavalry, Yeomanry, Tank/RAC Badges

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 03-05-09, 08:07 AM
Former Member

Talking The Household Cavalry - Album

Gentlemen,
I have just finished adding captions to the photographs in my Household Cavalry Album

http://www.britishbadgeforum.com/for...hp?albumid=261

It contains badges of the Life Guards, Blues and Royals (RHG/D), Royal Horse Guards, Household Battalion and the 1st (Royal) Dragoons. In my opinion the vast majority of them are Genuine. Please take a glance as it has taken me some time to construct and as always I would welcome your comments and observations.

I have a few observations of my own which remain unanswered, why did the Life Guards on the merger of the First and Second Life Guards go from displaying a laurel spray (common to most H.Cav badges) at the base of the badge to just a Dot? The spray reappeared on the Edward 8th pattern badge, disappeared again on the GviR badge and then reappears on the QE2 pattern?

The Household Battalion badges in my album show two slightly different patterns of ORs badges. I am sure the slidered badge is the genuine one, but is narrower than the lugged badge which is pictured in K&K, Gaylor and Wilkinson's (Cav & Yeo badges of 1914).

Finally there are quite a few missing badges, however not a bad representation if I say so myself and I look forward to any questions!

Andy
Old 03-05-09, 09:55 AM

Default Household Btn

What a nice display, absolutely fantastic. The houshold Btn badge should measure 57mm x 30mm, this is the size of an original.
Old 03-05-09, 09:59 AM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonofacqms View Post
What a nice display, absolutely fantastic. The houshold Btn badge should measure 57mm x 30mm, this is the size of an original.

I'll add the detail to the Album - Thanks!! Andy
Old 03-05-09, 11:01 AM

Great collection Andy. Also with regards to the Guards Machine Gun Regiment badge, I hope someday you will be able to give a breakdown of good and bad points as you did with the GMGB 'star'. That was very usefull info. Regards, Paul.
Old 03-05-09, 11:25 AM
Former Member

Paul, I've just added a few pointers to the captions of the GMGR photos in my album! Not much but should help a little!

Andy
Old 04-05-09, 07:39 PM
Member 2008-16- Rest in Peace

Default album

Hello Andy,

You know me, it's a great album but I like the pouch and belt badges, oh......
I've got three ( Cap Badges ), by the way ????

Dave.