British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Other Commonwealth Military Insignia > Indian Badges

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 16-08-14, 07:57 PM

Default Central India Horse

Officers of the CIH in Salonika, Greece in Apr 45.
From L to R: Maj Gordon Laverick, Maj Ronnie Paterson, Lieut Bill Keddie, Capt Jack Benson, Capt Gussie (?) Hyden. The CIH coloured regimental flash can just be seen on Maj Laverick's right shoulder. Very natty Indian pattern sweaters. The CIH were 4 Indian Div's Recce Regt throughout the War. Some of Maj Laverick's kit attached. Mike
Central India Horse Salonika Apr 45.jpgCIH.07.jpgGordon Laverick.CIH.ID Card.01.jpg
Old 17-08-14, 06:40 AM

Hi Mike, what is the regimental coloured flash? Also do you have a list of the Indian cavalry flashes? I've never found a list for them, does anyone have such a thing or know some of them? Thanks for the images, great! best wishes Mike
Old 17-08-14, 12:04 PM

Splendid selection of items and some very nice photo images indeed.

Those sweaters are rather snazzy i agree. Would be nice to find one for the collection one day.
Old 17-08-14, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearnaught View Post
Hi Mike, what is the regimental coloured flash? Also do you have a list of the Indian cavalry flashes? I've never found a list for them, does anyone have such a thing or know some of them? Thanks for the images, great! best wishes Mike
The CIH flash is a mystery - it gets a mention in the regimental newsletter that was produced throughout the War, but no colours are stated. I've seen one or two bw images of other Indian cavalry flashes but nothing amounting to a listing. An example of a CIH tie would reveal the colours. It's visible here - two colours. Mike
CIH.03.jpg
Old 18-08-14, 10:06 AM

Another image of Maj Gordon Laverick CIH - Aug 46 - has surfaced. It shows the regimental flash as worn on KD shirt. Colours are still unknown. Mike
Maj Gordon Laverick CIH.jpg
Old 20-08-14, 08:52 PM

Hi Mike, their uniform was called drab and facing colour maroon, other regiments had red or blue with different facing colours. I'm not sure if there would have been a correlation between these and their flashes? Mike