British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Formation Signs and Patches

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 27-12-12, 08:45 PM

Default 6 Bn REME

In search for a photo of 6 CS BN REME badge - also; 3 Armd Coy if they have one - attached the the 6CS BN. Thank you.
Old 28-12-12, 07:19 PM

6 CS Bn REME badge? I think you'll meed to elaborate on that as the cap badge will be a normal REME badge and I believe they are members of 3 (UK) Div , they were originally 10 Fld Workshops REME and previous were 3 Div Support Workshops..(Ordnance Road Tidworth)
Old 29-12-12, 04:46 AM

Default 6 CS BN

Thank you for the reply - Units are as such in condescending order of hierarchy; 3RD Mechanised Division: 1ST Mechanised Brigade; 6 Close Support Battalion REME - What I am looking for is to see if there is a badge/patch/logo for the 6 CS BN - I believe it is an anvil. And as far as the 3 Armd Coy (who was attached to them in the mid to late 90's ); I was looking to see if they had a unit moniker of sorts/nickname etc.; something that they would use to set their small attachment apart from others - they might have been a Light Aid Detachment for armoured retrieva - not sure as of yet though. Reason for all of this has to due with my trying to figure out as much history as I can about the units/people/deployments/and accuracies involving my 1975 Series III 109' FFR Land Rover which was attached to these units; specifically on her last tour ( 3 Armd Coy ) - It's history was:

QM'S DEPT 100 REGT RA (V) - 1975: then the
3 FD WKSP - 80's: then lastly before it was disposed -
6 CS BN REME, 3 ARMD COY
Disposed of in 1997

Nice long service history for a Series III

Thanking you in advance for all input - J.D. Davis - Prescott, Arizona.