British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > General Topics.

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 06-01-18, 04:32 PM

Okay, I think a charge of £8 is above and beyond for something that is valued at £15, unless, he has clearly stated a method of delivery that was not 1st or 2nd class by RM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cribyn View Post
Hello Frank

The online seller is 'endicimilitaria' (who also sell on ebay as just 'endici'). The single button was valued at £15.00 and the exact postage method was not specified at the checkout. The £8.00 was only referred to as a 'Delivery Charge' if I remember correctly.

Given the relatively low value of the button a 'Signed For' service (1st or 2nd) would have been more than adequate. As I said before, difficult to justify an £8.00 delivery charge in my view.

Roger
Old 06-01-18, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cribyn View Post
Hello Frank

The online seller is 'endicimilitaria' (who also sell on ebay as just 'endici'). The single button was valued at £15.00 and the exact postage method was not specified at the checkout. The £8.00 was only referred to as a 'Delivery Charge' if I remember correctly.

Given the relatively low value of the button a 'Signed For' service (1st or 2nd) would have been more than adequate. As I said before, difficult to justify an £8.00 delivery charge in my view.

Roger
I noted the same seller (and emailed him about it), has now lowered his postage costs to a more reasonable £3,50 for a single badge/button (within the UK). I'm not sure if it was the seller who wanted £8 or a glitch/mis-configured website.

Steve
Old 06-01-18, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by POMPEY621 View Post
I noted the same seller (and emailed him about it), has now lowered his postage costs to a more reasonable £3,50 for a single badge/button (within the UK). I'm not sure if it was the seller who wanted £8 or a glitch/mis-configured website.

Steve
Hello Steve

Thanks for that, very interesting. I have just checked the 'Delivery Charges' again and for the button I am interested in they are still showing as £8.00 for delivery within the UK! Worth an email to them perhaps but if it is a simple website error it must be putting a lot of people off.

Roger
Old 06-01-18, 06:19 PM

Roger, just checked and on Chrome and Internet explorer it shows £3.50 delivery in the UK (in fact anywhere in the world appears to be £3.50) add a second button and it jumps to £8, might be worth clearing your cookies out and trying again or emailing.

Steve
Old 06-01-18, 06:28 PM

It is certainly interesting to note that this particular seller charges from £0.95 on ebay and £3.50 on his own website for delivery of a button, notwithstanding, I very much doubt if a particular button sold on ebay for more than the published level of compensation incurred through theft or other loss, the charge of £0.95 would be very considerably greater.
Old 07-01-18, 12:26 PM

Dave [altcar73]
My point, in my last post, was that a dealer was going to charge me the standard rate of postage to send one badge and as I also won four more badges on his site he wanted to charge an extra UKP5.00 per badge on top of the postage. Each badge only cost UKP5.00 each. I agree with you, if a badge cost more than UKP200.00 then the postage would reflect that.
I feel that one or two dealers do take advantage with postage rates.
Most of the dealers I buy from are very helpful regarding postal costs.
It is a bit frustrating when a badge is only worth a few dollars, and they want to charge UKP11.00+ for one badge.
Regards Terry
Old 07-01-18, 12:29 PM

Default A WINTERS TALE

Mike I will not attempt to refute your self justification I will leave your record of greed, lies, deceit, threats, and foul language do it for me chris
Old 07-01-18, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris cunniffe View Post
Mike I will not attempt to refute your self justification I will leave your record of greed, lies, deceit, threats, and foul language do it for me chris
My lies Chris ? I havent cut and pasted the messages to fit the story. But i have them all .
Its funny ,the same weekend Gus Gemma (Ritchie Birch) politely asked about combined postage. He got his refund with his badges.
I hope you arent trying to imply ive lied Chris ,if youd have asked in a decent manor about it ,youd have got it . Unfortunately you didnt. It says a lot when dealers are saying they are very reluctant about having you as a customer. So got and sit in your rocking chair in front of the mirror and have a good long look at yourself.
Oh btw,it should be "let" not "leave" and you are crying over £5 maximum not £500. Id hardly call that greed,certainly not enough to retire on.
Old 07-01-18, 05:03 PM

Cool Buying /selling badges

Forum members, whilst I may not be the fountain of all wisdom regarding the selling or identification of British and Commonwealth cap badges, collar dogs, and titles cloth or metal I have been doing this for the past sixty plus years.
I am in the process of selling off part of my sixty plus years collected badges, when I sort them out and I will offer them first on this forum.
I cannot wonder but why people get problems with dealing online auctions, buy from forum members, it's easier . . !

Rob
Old 07-01-18, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonofacqms View Post
Forum members, whilst I may not be the fountain of all wisdom regarding the selling or identification of British and Commonwealth cap badges, collar dogs, and titles cloth or metal I have been doing this for the past sixty plus years.
I am in the process of selling off part of my sixty plus years collected badges, when I sort them out and I will offer them first on this forum.
I cannot wonder but why people get problems with dealing online auctions, buy from forum members, it's easier . . !

Rob
Got any Oman cloth sleeve badges?

Marc
Old 07-01-18, 06:59 PM

There is certainly something in buying at retail, in it's various forms, quite frankly, I think a lot of people like the "thrill" of an auction, perhaps the chance of getting something cheap, but, with it, comes the chance of being disappointed.
I much prefer to buy of an individual who you know and trust, he states how much he wants and you simply pay him.

Quote:

Rob
Old 07-01-18, 07:05 PM

Quote:

Rob
Any Grenadier Guards stuff.
Andy
Old 07-01-18, 07:14 PM

Quote:

Rob
While were at it any Middlesex Regt going ?

Gerard