British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Formation Signs and Patches

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 16-01-10, 05:06 PM

Default BRUSSELS SUB AREA FORMATION SIGN.

Elsewhere on the forum, under title, RSR BADGE, NEMO has asked if any member can provide image of a badge for British occupation troops Brussels, which I presume to be of Brussels Sub Area post WW2. Is there anyone out there who can please provide an image. I would also be delighted to see one, especially as it was sold for circa £1000! I have tagged this post to RSR BADGE. Please correct me if I have made a mistake. Thank you.

Oriskany.
Old 16-01-10, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORISKANY View Post
Elsewhere on the forum, under title, RSR BADGE, NEMO has asked if any member can provide image of a badge for British occupation troops Brussels, which I presume to be of Brussels Sub Area post WW2. Is there anyone out there who can please provide an image. I would also be delighted to see one, especially as it was sold for circa £1000! I have tagged this post to RSR BADGE. Please correct me if I have made a mistake. Thank you.

Oriskany.
Bosleys catalogue postal auction 30th. April 2008, lot no.479, price realised,£110 so where you came accros £1000 I fail to understand. The badge is the shield, same as 21st. Army groupshield except the Brussels sub area has a yellow cross on dark blue shield. John.
Old 16-01-10, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpowder44 View Post
Bosleys catalogue postal auction 30th. April 2008, lot no.479, price realised,£110 so where you came accros £1000 I fail to understand. The badge is the shield, same as 21st. Army groupshield except the Brussels sub area has a yellow cross on dark blue shield. John.
Thanks for that ,£1000 was just a quote from NEMO's post under RSR BADGE. Have a look. Here is an image of the said FS:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg brussels sub area.jpg (63.2 KB, 25 views)

Last edited by ORISKANY; 16-01-10 at 08:37 PM. Reason: Error
Old 17-01-10, 12:08 PM

I dont think this is the sign , i will go back an look through my Bosleys cataloges and try to find the sign , i am certain that i seen a write up that at the time it was the highest price reached for a cloth sign ,Nemo
Old 19-01-10, 06:41 PM

Hi, Oriskany for what it's worth this is mine, exactly the same, could be the same badge but I don't think we've ever met. Mike
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Signals and yeomanry 005.jpg (32.6 KB, 10 views)
Old 19-01-10, 07:34 PM

Not mine but I know who has it.

Last edited by 54Bty; 09-02-22 at 05:30 PM.
Old 19-01-10, 08:20 PM

Default BRUSSELS SUB AREA

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearnaught View Post
Hi, Oriskany for what it's worth this is mine, exactly the same, could be the same badge but I don't think we've ever met. Mike
Mike,

I am using an image of a badge from elsewhere. My own badge shows some service wear.

Oriskany.

Tags
rsr badge