British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Australian Military Insignia > Other Corps

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 08-08-14, 03:18 AM

Default AFC and AMF wings

Hi there guys

I have noticed over the years that occasionally a set of AFC wings surface for sale but I have never seen AMF wings (except in a museum). Considering the AMF wing with crown was ordered in December 1915 and the one without crown was ordered in February 1916 and ran all this year, all of 1917 and up to February 1918 when the AFC wing was introduced, one would expect there would be quite a few on the market. Maybe the pilots had to surrendered the AMF wing when the AFC wing was issued to them? Any thoughts?

Regards

Doug
Old 08-08-14, 08:27 PM

..there were very few issues in the first instance and survival rates were not great, similiarly AFC wings are rare ,and when they turn up sell very quickly ....
Old 10-08-14, 10:22 AM

Default AFC and AMF wings

By "very few issues", do you mean that for over 2 years pilots were not often issued with the AMF wing or there were not that many pilots trained in those years to receive the wings?

Regards

Doug
Old 06-11-14, 07:14 AM

Default AFC

Hi mate
Send me an email and I will send you some pics of the Barry Videon Collection of these and all the AFC variants. - airmanz@bigpond.com