British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Anodised Aluminium Badges

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 28-01-18, 02:57 PM
Super Moderator

Default Aber UOTC

http://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI...53.m1438.l2765

£351!
Old 28-01-18, 03:40 PM

!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan O View Post
Old 28-01-18, 04:42 PM

I know its a lot of money. But i cant recall seeing one for sale for a very long time. There would be a lot of collectors wanting to get their hands on it.
Old 28-01-18, 06:12 PM

That is salty, but I haven’t seen one come up before.
Old 28-01-18, 06:25 PM

Hello Kevin,
Okay, so they are as rare as that then, have you got one yourself, or do you not collect that sort of thing?
To me, it does seem an incredible amount of money to pay.
Regards Frank

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41st View Post
That is salty, but I haven’t seen one come up before.
Old 28-01-18, 09:52 PM

Hello Frank,
No I don’t have an a/a example. My collecting interests wane post 1st WW but I do have have a lot of post 1st WW badges inclusive of all three known metal badges to this unit. It’s not an a/a badge I’ve come across before & one on my to do list once kids are gone etc. to look into, along with looking into whether the SWB a/a was ever worn.
Hwyl,
Kevin
Old 29-01-18, 05:53 AM

There is often surprise when an Agonised Ally cap-badge goes for anything more than a few quid, but £351 is not so much for a rare AA staybright. There are probably 50-60 others that cd fetch a similar or higher price.

This AA University Aberystwyth (University of Wales) OTC/UTC is reputedly available in all gold AA as well as all silver AA. The one sold on eBay looks like All Gold? If so, sorry to have missed it!

BTW, I just noticed that the winner of this auction also won a Hurstpierpoint College CCF AA cap-badge on 07 Jan, 2018, which sold on Ebay for £486. Well done to you, e***h!

Awra best to all.

William

Last edited by William; 29-01-18 at 06:15 AM.
Old 29-01-18, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by William View Post
There is often surprise when an Agonised Ally cap-badge goes for anything more than a few quid, but £351 is not so much for a rare AA staybright. There are probably 50-60 others that cd fetch a similar or higher price.

This AA University Aberystwyth (University of Wales) OTC/UTC is reputedly available in all gold AA as well as all silver AA. The one sold on eBay looks like All Gold? If so, sorry to have missed it!

BTW, I just noticed that the winner of this auction also won a Hurstpierpoint College CCF AA cap-badge on 07 Jan, 2018, which sold on Ebay for £486. Well done to you, e***h!

Awra best to all.

William
William ,i know you have an example that appears to be silver. It isnt just the gold very very light. Similar to examples that are offered up as silver rather than gold.
People must remember that this was a UTC so although it hasnt got a crown . Its of a similar period to a KC anodised badge.
Old 29-01-18, 08:50 AM

Hello Kevin,
Much the same here, I prefer that golden age of Empire, well, if you do find one, I hope that you end up paying rather less than three hundred and fifty quid!
Regards Frank

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41st View Post
Hello Frank,
No I don’t have an a/a example. My collecting interests wane post 1st WW but I do have have a lot of post 1st WW badges inclusive of all three known metal badges to this unit. It’s not an a/a badge I’ve come across before & one on my to do list once kids are gone etc. to look into, along with looking into whether the SWB a/a was ever worn.
Hwyl,
Kevin
Old 29-01-18, 08:53 AM

I certainly think I'd be "Agonised" if I had to pay that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by William View Post

Awra best to all.

William