British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Australian Military Insignia > Light Horse and Armoured (RAAC)

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 18-01-16, 09:15 AM

Default WWI Australian 29th Light Horse, Port Phillip Horse V.M.R. Hat & Collar Badges

Now these rare beast's went for a good dollar on Ebay $2290 any one got a couple of spares
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 29.jpg (43.4 KB, 43 views)
Old 17-05-17, 03:15 AM

Thumbs up 29th L.H.R.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackhr View Post
Now these rare beast's went for a good dollar on Ebay $2290 any one got a couple of spares
Hi there , a friend of our family has a cap badge of this unit as their grandfather served in it , I also have a piece of kit from that unit , not that long ago I picked up a military saddle from L.H. Historian here in Perth , and I found the markings and researched them , it was issued to C (Charlie )Sqn of the Regt , it was then transferred to the 23rd Field Arty Bty of the 21st F.A. Bde ,1 Aust Div , then later transferred to the 110 AFA which was part of the 4th Aust div. so the saddle has done the whole trip out of Australia then returned , a good piece of history.

Cheers Bob