British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Canadian Military Insignia > Photographs of Canadian Servicemen and Women Wearing Insignia

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 06-11-08, 08:45 PM

Tom, WOW, that's an impressive set up. Thanks for going out your way posting this to please us (Me!).

Got to get myself one of those beauties and a sporran badge too.

We all know not every collector is into the old badges and it's nice to see the more modern ones.
Regards Mike
Old 06-11-08, 10:57 PM
1stmotors

Hi Mike, Not a problem, and I know that there are the same collars on Ebay right now at a decent price.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...m=320149437834

and I just purchased this Plaid Brooch a week or so ago on Ebay. I never did see this one when I played with the band but heard they were worn.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...m=110301956076

Last edited by 1stmotors; 06-11-08 at 11:06 PM.
Old 13-01-18, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Cdn Dragoon View Post
I played with the band 96-03 after it changed names to 2nd Canadian Mechanized Brigade Group Pipes & Drums (2 CMBG P&D). I was principally the Drum Major and also the 2nd Bass Drummer. Our former CDS when he was 2nd Brigade Commander was really fond of the band, so much that when he was posted to Fort Hood after Petawawa, he had the band down to play at his promotion parade and post parade reception (garden party at his house). The current PM is over here in Kandahar at TFK HQ as well as a couple of current and former band mbrs. Once my tour is finished and I return home next month, I'll dig out some 2 CMBG P&D pictures and badges to post.

I recognize a couple of pers such as Scotty Durant, Brian Fisher and maybe Bobby Smith ???

As an aside 1st Motors I am formerly from Windsor, now posted too and living in St. John's NL.
Royal Cdn Dragoon,
Do you remember the names of the Pipe Majors from when you were in 2 CMBG? On my list of their P/Ms I have Peter J. Dick (from 1995) and James H. MacIntyre (till 2004) then Colin S. Clansey (2004-2009). Additional info welcome!
Thanks
Aad