British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Common Forums > Reproductions, Restrikes, Fakes, Forgeries, and Copies

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 22-04-14, 11:53 AM

Phil,

I would be happy with the badge,would look vey nice in my Middlesex collection looking at your badge i think it never had the overlay fitted or not attched very well in the first place,i have a few that are a bit wonky or look like they are about to drop off also i've looked at a few BM Middlesex regt i have you can see the WM of the coronet below the overlay so i think that was stamped out as a coronet & had the overlay as a mirror image ? but i think you can sleep ok again now well untill the next badge anyway!!

Gerard
Old 22-04-14, 11:57 AM

Some 10th Middlesex in this thread- http://www.britishbadgeforum.com/for...10th+middlesex Regards, Paul.
Old 22-04-14, 12:08 PM

Thanks Gerard
These badges have been put away for a few years well over 10 at least, after a fleeting visit to the forum, and seeing all the posts regards dodgy badges I was feeling a bit worried, incase some of mine may be duds, well not yet sure about all but the main bulk look ok (me hopes).
I was thinking of putting together a good collection of WW1 Territorials, all the ones on KK., what would be the hardest to get hold of, original thats is, just got a good 6th East Surrey's, in the future would like to find the following any idear what they are going for these days.

King's Liverpool 5th battalion KK-1701.
The East Lancashire 4-5th battalion
The Dorsetshire Regt. 4th battalion
The Northamptonshire regt. 4th battalion KK-1741

cheers PHIL