British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Everything Else > Off topic > Forum Operation

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 10-03-17, 02:43 PM

Default Frustration

Over the past week I am having access problems. I am continually being requested to submit my User Name and Password. I am frequently being advised I may not post messages, etc which entails my logging in all the time.
I hope this glitch gets resolved soon as it really is frustrating.

GTB
Old 10-03-17, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTB View Post
Over the past week I am having access problems. I am continually being requested to submit my User Name and Password. I am frequently being advised I may not post messages, etc which entails my logging in all the time.
I hope this glitch gets resolved soon as it really is frustrating.

GTB
Sorry you are having issues but the forum seems to be working fine for me.

Jerry
Old 10-03-17, 05:50 PM
Super Moderator

GTB, best you message Mike re the issue. (It may be an issue with cookies or the ip address, or something else.)
Old 10-03-17, 06:56 PM

Bill
To tell the truth I couldn't find any access to contact an Administrator as in the past

GTB
Old 10-03-17, 07:43 PM
Administrator

Hi GTB, I can't see anything that would be causing it. It sounds like a cookie problem. Can you check your browser settings for that? If session cookies are being removed then it's like logging out as you navigate around the forum but not being aware of it until something does not open.
Old 10-03-17, 08:38 PM

Thanks for getting in touch, Mike.
It's getting worse all the time. Having to log in continually. I'll try and see what your suggested checking involves as I'm wary of wandering into uncharted waters.

GTB
Old 12-03-17, 05:49 AM

Hi GTB
I'll throw in my two bits too.
I understand how annoying problems like this can be but it does sound to me like the problem is possibly with your computer system. It could be a glitch with your Operating system, browser or software security/anti-virus software. Without knowing details of your system, I would suggest trying the following.
• If you don’t routinely shut your computer down completely, try that or at least a restart. This might allow recent software updates to install automatically.
• Check to see that your browser and all your programs are up to date; this is normally done automatically but if you’re using an old Operating system…
• If you have anti-virus programs, manually run those to see if there is anything untoward lurking about.
• If you’ve done all of this, try turning off your antivirus and spyware programs for a while and see if that helps.
• Ditto if you run programs like ABP, AdBlock, or cookie blockers that block pop-ups although it would be better just to disable the program specifically for britishbadgeforum.com
These are long shots but if Mike agrees, it shouldn’t hurt to try the above.

Good luck,
Wayne