British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Canadian Military Insignia > Airborne and Special Forces

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 19-08-10, 08:09 PM

http://www.auctionbid.marway-militaria.com/bid/bid.php

“There are things we know that we know,” “There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we do not know we don't know.”
Donald Rumsfeld, before the Iraqi Invasion,2003.

Age is something that doesn't matter, unless you are a cheese.
Old 20-08-10, 02:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill A View Post
Hi Mike, The badge is in the September 9 auction.
Recce, Marway are a Canadian militaria business out of Winnipeg. Check their homepage link.
Thanks Mr Bill I just saw, I guess they can charge all the GST they want 5% is still cheap, I'm going to send them an @ to see the Shipping $ on Small Items.

Thanks for posting that Site never knew,
Old 20-08-10, 03:46 PM

Default re the taxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recce View Post
This is not bad I checked and found two Items of interest, are they located in Britain? They charge CDN Sales tax 5% I thought only CDN Companies in Canada are allowed to charge as collect CDN Sales Tax?
A comment on tax, not the badge. 'Off-shore' companies selling directly to Canada can and do collect applicable GST/HST. The ones I am most familiar with are software developers selling online (either direct download or physical product), like Adobe, but you only have to look as far as LL Bean or other US catalog retailers for other examples.
Old 20-08-10, 03:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidS View Post
A comment on tax, not the badge. 'Off-shore' companies selling directly to Canada can and do collect applicable GST/HST. The ones I am most familiar with are software developers selling online (either direct download or physical product), like Adobe, but you only have to look as far as LL Bean or other US catalog retailers for other examples.
I'll check again, this could be true but If I ask they have to provide me with a GST ########. I bought many things from the US and I only pay Tax when it was over $20.00. $60.00 if Gift. But thats the Canadian customs that charges you not the Merchant. Check with Canada Customs and Brokers.
Old 20-08-10, 04:19 PM

Default turning into a tax debate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recce View Post
I'll check again, this could be true but If I ask they have to provide me with a GST ########. I bought many things from the US and I only pay Tax when it was over $20.00. $60.00 if Gift. But thats the Canadian customs that charges you not the Merchant. Check with Canada Customs and Brokers.
From Adobe Systems' website: "All orders placed in the U.S. and Canada are subject to sales tax. Adobe charges sales tax according to the ship-to location." The page also shows both their GST and Ontario HST numbers. I think this is an arrangement between major US retailers and Revenue Canada to facilitate their selling into Canada. No delays, no Canada Customs handling fee, etc.
Old 20-08-10, 04:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidS View Post
From Adobe Systems' website: "All orders placed in the U.S. and Canada are subject to sales tax. Adobe charges sales tax according to the ship-to location." The page also shows both their GST and Ontario HST numbers. I think this is an arrangement between major US retailers and Revenue Canada to facilitate their selling into Canada. No delays, no Canada Customs handling fee, etc.
Yes I think so, the Adobe I is downloaded plus I think this applies for Downloads sales from other counties.

Theres a way to buy something in the US or anyother country say over $100. cdn and you dont pay any Custom Fees++, send me a PM I'll tell you how
Old 23-08-10, 07:51 PM

roger that..thanks fellas..