British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Canadian Military Insignia > Royal Canadian Navy > 1968 post unification: CAF(N)

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 05-10-09, 12:05 PM
Super Moderator

Default Shallow water (SCUBA)Diver badge repro...

This guy's repro's are so bad they are laughable. Unfortunately, he is selling enough to make it enticing to do more copies. His choices for repro's are a bit odd as well. Most patches are quite common to begin with.
http://cgi.ebay.com/SCUBA-Canada-Nav...#ht_1378wt_958
Old 05-10-09, 02:33 PM
Badge Guru

I wish there was a thread on modern Canadian Navy diver badges. I am particularly fond of the Canadian designs.
Old 05-10-09, 03:56 PM

Hopefully someone can oblige you Jibba Jabba, unfortunately I cannot as I only collect RCN badges up to 1968, the year the RCN ceased to exist in that form.

But I do agree with you that the designs of the CAF(N) badges, both occupation & specialty, are very well done.

I still feel that no badge can top the RCN gold wire badges tho. To appreciate these you had to see an RCN Honour Guard & Band formed up for parade in their number ones, be it in blues or whites.

Many of our older members may recall viewing the Sunset Ceremony spectacle held each summer on Parliament hill back in the glory days of the RCN - the1950-60's period.

Bryan

Last edited by RCN; 05-10-09 at 07:50 PM.