British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Common Forums > It's a Mystery -Unknown Insignia for Identification

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 11-03-18, 04:01 PM

Default 2nd Soest Company shoulder title (Scouts?/BB?)

Good afternoon

This just arrived in a job lot of cloth and metal insignia, it is blue embroidered on white and 7 x 1.2 cms. I’m guessing that it was used by Scouts or Boys Brigade connected with the British or Canadian garrisons in the Soest area of Germany but would welcome further information (or correct identification if I’m wrong).

Usual caveat that it will be for swap or sale once ID is confirmed.

Thanks for looking

Graham
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 11Mar2018 002b.jpg (87.6 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg 11Mar2018 004b.JPG (66.7 KB, 6 views)
I am looking to purchase items from the British Administration Police & Prison Services in Cyrenaica & Tripolitania; Eritrea & Ethiopia; Somalia (f. Italian Somaliland) & British Somaliland; & the Dodecanese: insignia, documents, photographs etc.
Old 11-03-18, 04:35 PM

Graham, I was in HQ 6th Armoured Brigade in 1972-1974 at St Sebastian Barracks Korbecke. The Brigade took over from 4th Canadian Mechanized Brigade Group in 1970/71 and other Brigade units were located in Iserlohn, Werl, Paderborn and Soest (Salamanca Barracks). As in most units in BAOR Scout Troops were supported.

However, I think it unusual for British Scouts to be in a 'Company' so more likely the title may be from the Canadian era?

Tim
Old 12-03-18, 07:18 AM

Thank you Tim, likewise I'm pretty sure I was in a Scout 'Troop' in Dorset early 70s so possible it is linked to the Canadians. Whilst the Boys Brigade uses 'Company' were there sufficient boys to warrant overseas BB companies? Hopefully one of our Canadian members may be able to shed some light.

Thanks again

Graham
I am looking to purchase items from the British Administration Police & Prison Services in Cyrenaica & Tripolitania; Eritrea & Ethiopia; Somalia (f. Italian Somaliland) & British Somaliland; & the Dodecanese: insignia, documents, photographs etc.
Old 12-03-18, 03:07 PM

I was also in St Sebastion Barracks, Korbecke in 72. A scaley with 6th Armoured Bde Hq and Sig Sqn.
Old 13-03-18, 04:31 PM

Don't forget that Girl Guides have Companies - no doubt married quarters contain daughters as well as sons.

M