British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Common Forums > Reproductions, Restrikes, Fakes, Forgeries, and Copies

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 21-07-13, 02:29 PM

Most interesting Btns,

I had forgotten that I got my copy of Ray Westlakes first book on shoulder titles from Roger Verner.

The invoice is attached,I cannot remember why March 1977 has been changed to 9/11/1977, perhaps I was actually lucky to actually receive a copy in the light of the London Gazette notice.

P.B.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img001.jpg (58.2 KB, 137 views)

Members welcome in my private Facebook group “The Kings Liverpool Regiment ( 1685-1958 )”
Old 21-07-13, 02:36 PM

Location: In Luxembourg for the last 20 years and staying. They take much better care of us here....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8thfoot View Post
Most interesting Btns,

I had forgotten that I got my copy of Ray Westlakes first book on shoulder titles from Roger Verner.

The invoice is attached,I cannot remember why March 1977 has been changed to 9/11/1977, perhaps I was actually lucky to actually receive a copy in the light of the London Gazette notice.

P.B.
Peter, I used to write a batch of receipts out on certain months and just change them when they actually went out. Nice to see the price......
david
Old 21-07-13, 09:40 PM

Wink Archives???

PB,

Your archives are brilliant, what a record . . !

Is this dealer still operating?

Rob
Old 22-07-13, 05:54 PM

Rob,
I cannot find any trace of the man after the 1970`s.

I seem to recall he traded as " Badgers Den" at one time but I may be wrong.

Peter

Members welcome in my private Facebook group “The Kings Liverpool Regiment ( 1685-1958 )”
Old 22-07-13, 08:22 PM

Default Badge buying

PB,

I can remember "Badgers Den", but had no dealings with this seller. There were lots of people in the seventies who put out lists, generally when you browsed them and found a white metal King Edwards Horse it set the alarm bells ringing.

I am not sure whether I have any of these lists, but if I find any I will put them on the forum.

Rob
Old 25-09-15, 06:47 PM
Super Moderator

This appears to be from the fake HLI GH die with the compressed 'W' and 'Hi' mentioned in the article some 35 years ago. The reverse is very poor suggesting a worn out die from over use.

LacessEt spelling.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fake HLI 9th.jpg (93.2 KB, 134 views)

Last edited by Alan O; 26-09-15 at 10:05 AM.