British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > South African Military and Police Insignia > Army

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 28-01-09, 03:49 PM

Default South African Corps of Signals button badge

Dear All

Can anybody tell me if they have actually seen (For real) a South African Corps of Signals button badge for 6 Signal Regt, Yellow button with two crossed palm trees on it.

I have a copy of the sealed pattern signed by all the relevant people which was kindly sent to me by Andrew Dinnes. He is the chap that has taken over Colin Owens site.

I have 21 button badges on my little web site and I am of the opinion there is still the 6 Sig Regt to get. Please let me know if you know of any more!

Unfortunately, all my contacts from Mike Lukich to James McKenzie are unable to assist me. I do want to know if it was actually issued as a badge. If it wasn't I can stop looking out for it.

Hope someone can assist me.

Kind regards

Chris Walker
Old 28-01-09, 06:21 PM

Hi Chris, Other than the info I already sent to you, I have nothing new to offer. If you get a positive reply, please let me know. Regards Andrew
Old 29-01-09, 07:33 AM

Default south african corps of signals button badge

Dear andrew

thanks for the quick reply. I thought i might be able to stimulate a little further information from the forum for this request.

Unfortunately so far nothing. Perhaps we and steve sergeant are correct. The badge may never have been issued.

Time will tell.

Cheers

chris
Old 02-11-13, 12:15 PM

Default 6 South African Signal Regt button badge

Dear Friends.

I thought I would resurrect this Thread with the addition of a copy of the original "Art Card" used by the Regiment when requesting this badge to be made.

It is now some 4 years I think since I first asked for assistance in finding someone who has actually seen one of these Button Badges. At the time of writing this Thread the answer is still NO!

I have been advised that the unit was fairly small not the size of a UK Signal Regiment and hence only a few were ever made.

Perhaps the Art Card may stimulate some of our South African members to add a comment or two.

Kind regards

Chris Walker
www.signalsbadges.co.uk
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6 sig regt button badge 001.jpg (38.8 KB, 34 views)
Old 02-11-13, 04:23 PM

Chris

Never seen one.

Brian
Old 20-09-17, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Walker View Post
Dear All

Can anybody tell me if they have actually seen (For real) a South African Corps of Signals button badge for 6 Signal Regt, Yellow button with two crossed palm trees on it.

I have a copy of the sealed pattern signed by all the relevant people which was kindly sent to me by Andrew Dinnes. He is the chap that has taken over Colin Owens site.

I have 21 button badges on my little web site and I am of the opinion there is still the 6 Sig Regt to get. Please let me know if you know of any more!

Unfortunately, all my contacts from Mike Lukich to James McKenzie are unable to assist me. I do want to know if it was actually issued as a badge. If it wasn't I can stop looking out for it.

Hope someone can assist me.

Kind regards

Chris Walker
Hi Chris,

As far as i am aware the button badge may have been approved but was never actually produced and issued.

A fair few Signals badges were handled in the same way.....

I hope this helps ?

Mark