British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Australian Military Insignia > General Topics

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 30-06-17, 01:49 AM

Default New Books: Vol 2 Metal Uniform Embellishments of the Australian Army ('QEII' Series)

Hi All,

Yesterday, we received the pre-production proofs of Volume 2 in our pictorial reference series.

As most of you would already know, Vol 1 of our work covered metal uniform insignia used by Corps and Schools (and approved Philanthropic Organisations) of the Australian Army, from 1953 to the present (i.e. the 'QEII' series of insignia).

Many of you have been keen to see us finish the 2nd Volume, because it covers the insignia used by Units and Regiments of the Australian Army during that same ('QEII') era.

The 2nd Volume is a little heavier than the 1st Volume, because it runs to just over 300 pages (Vs Vol1;s 236 pages). Nevertheless, we hope we've done justice to the subject of (metal) Regimental insignia within those pages.

As we did in the 1st Vol, we have documented known 'Army procured/issued' items on pages with blue coloured headings. Meanwhile, at the back of the book, 'Rogues', 'Repros', 'Regi-Shop' and 'Rejected pattern items' (i.e. 'the 4R's') are shown on pages with orange or 'salmon' coloured headings. We hope that information on some wonderful trial pattern insignia (e.g. 6th Aviation Regiment hat badge with red instead of black background enamel), will be of interest to Readers? So, your comments (and any additional info on variants) will be very welcome.

Our plan is to launch Vol 2 at the Brisbane Militaria Fair on the weekend of the 15/16th of July. Pre-orders for the book can be taken by contacting Arthur Butler or myself on the email addresses shown on the title page of Vol1, or by searching for the listing on eBay (and soon on Amazon).

All 'Pre-orders' will be dispatched first (of course). For those who want numbered and signed 1st Edition copies of Vol 2, those will be made available while they last. If you are looking for matching numbers for your copy of Vol 1, please get in touch with me through this message Board or via either the blog site:
  • charliebravobooks.com or
  • colourpatch.com.au or
  • bpcmilitaria.com.au
(as many of you do from time to time).

If you want a 2nd (Revised) Edition of Volume 1 to be sent with any order for a purchase of Vol2, that can be arranged as well.

In the meantime... I'll now do my best to attach a few colour images taken of one of the manuscript production proofs.

Questions are also welcome (of course)

Regards

Mark
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Vol 2 Cover front A.jpg (72.0 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg Vol 2 Cover back A.jpg (49.3 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg Vol 2 Content page 1.jpg (50.7 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg Vol 2 Content page 2.jpg (41.9 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg Vol 2 Content page 3.jpg (55.3 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg Vol 2 Content page 4.jpg (54.1 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg Vol 2 Content page 5.jpg (70.4 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg Vol 2 Cover front A close up 1.jpg (51.1 KB, 37 views)

Last edited by Mark Corcoran; 30-06-17 at 02:00 AM. Reason: bad typing again!