British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Common Forums > Reproductions, Restrikes, Fakes, Forgeries, and Copies

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 06-07-11, 10:48 PM

Default Real or Fantasy

Hello,

Is the pattern sign real or is it a fantasy?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SPECIAL-FORCES...item3a67ddd896

Thank you
John
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SF HQ.jpg (18.4 KB, 14 views)
Old 07-07-11, 05:27 AM

Default SF HQ

A real design originating in North Africa post Op Torch or in Italy I believe, but this is far from being a genuine item. It's about as authentic as the LRDG titles and other "WW2 SF" items listed by the same vendor. There must be a genuine SF HQ flash out there somewhere, but I've never seen one.
Old 07-07-11, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Jackson View Post
A real design originating in North Africa post Op Torch or in Italy I believe, but this is far from being a genuine item. It's about as authentic as the LRDG titles and other "WW2 SF" items listed by the same vendor. There must be a genuine SF HQ flash out there somewhere, but I've never seen one.
Information from FS153 Jan-Mar 89:
SF HQ - HQ formed in late 1944 to act as liaison between SOE and OSS. A dark blue disc, white letters SF and red HQ. Worn on left shoulder by OSS personnel. (The line drawing that accompanied this showed the letters S and F being the same height).
Mike
Old 07-07-11, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Jackson View Post
Information from FS153 Jan-Mar 89:
SF HQ - HQ formed in late 1944 to act as liaison between SOE and OSS. A dark blue disc, white letters SF and red HQ. Worn on left shoulder by OSS personnel. (The line drawing that accompanied this showed the letters S and F being the same height).
Mike
Mike,

Thank you, I know that my references are not the best but I see one I have never seen before I like to know abut the pattern. I did see his other items and that made me think it is not a good one.

It does not sound like there would have been very many and very high starting would be the thing.

John