British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Canadian Military Insignia > Corps, Branches and the Royal Canadian Artillery

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 09-03-15, 10:44 AM

Default here's a real beauty

as advertised " HIGH QUALITY " to me it is the worst looking piece garbage I have seen in a long time. I don't what is know what part of it is the worst, the lettering, the horse, or the crown.
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/141598421390?...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT.
Old 09-03-15, 11:10 AM

That is very ugly and not sure why it has been made as we are not changing the badge and keeping the EME GEM pattern. Colin
Old 09-03-15, 11:24 AM

Hi Colin
that is what caught my eye was the RC part of the badge. If I would have stayed in for a few more years, I would have worn the EME GEM badge, which I always liked, instead of that LORE type that I wore.
Len
Old 09-03-15, 06:10 PM

I have seen veterans wearing this badge on numerous occasions.
Old 10-03-15, 11:26 AM

I hadn't thought of veterans, thanks. Its still ugly though so I hope the vets buy badges from somewhere else. I still have my LORE badge. Do you remember if there were CF Green shoulder titles for LORE? I have my OD ones and work dress but don't remember others.

Colin
Old 10-03-15, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin 17 View Post
I hadn't thought of veterans, thanks. Its still ugly though so I hope the vets buy badges from somewhere else. I still have my LORE badge. Do you remember if there were CF Green shoulder titles for LORE? I have my OD ones and work dress but don't remember others.

Colin
Hi Colin
I don't remember wearing any CF LORE shoulder titles either. The CF's that I had didn't have epaulets, so we had shoulder flashes. Which had the unit that we served in eg. 2nd Service Battalion

As for that ugly RCEME cap badge. I had thought about vets wearing as well, but if you every wore it in public, kids would be running in fear, mothers would be shielding the children and shouting "FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, THINK OF THE CHILDREN" LOL just having some fun
Old 10-03-15, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin 17 View Post

Colin
Short titles or long titles? There were short titles for slip-ons (branch purchased if I remember), but under the CF rules long titles for the CF tunic were not authorized. CANADA only.
Old 10-03-15, 06:16 PM
Super Moderator

Am I missing something? I have the following long pattern CF titles in my collection. These were acquired from a fellow at Camp Borden.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LORE (1).jpg (62.1 KB, 44 views)
Old 10-03-15, 06:33 PM

Muskey, LMAO that's so funny. When were you at 2 SVC? I was there on OJT after my TQ3s early 1984 for about 6 months. I have the short ones that I had on my shirt slip-ons but I never saw Bills type. I was in 4 SVC Bn after that so maybe that's why.
Bill, do you have any of these for sale?

Colin
Old 10-03-15, 06:43 PM
Super Moderator

Hi Colin, Checked the spares binder and none of these extra.
Old 10-03-15, 07:05 PM

No problem, I will look for some but if you see any you know where the can end up at.
Colin
Old 10-03-15, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill A View Post
Am I missing something? I have the following long pattern CF titles in my collection. These were acquired from a fellow at Camp Borden.
I've seen those, they were done up for the branch but were never approved for wear. Only units with a traditional pre-unification cloth badge were authorized cloth titles. (this caused a great deal of problems for the CAR, as they ended up the only cbt arms unit without distinctive titles, but were finally granted the right to adopt some). I'm sure somebody had a tunic done up with them, but I've never seen a photo, and I have the paperwork specifically denying the LORE the use of the titles. It became a mute point as the name switched to EME/GEM about the same time as the titles were produced, then DEU was introduced almost immediately after.