British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Common Forums > Reproductions, Restrikes, Fakes, Forgeries, and Copies

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 16-09-17, 01:25 PM

Default Royal Malta Artillery

Stephen, I have a Royal Malta Artillery beret badge with the crown missing and the slider as well if it was attached to the crown, thanks for that piece of information.

Rob
Old 01-10-17, 11:10 AM
jamesmilitaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Spellman View Post
Rob,
I doubt no reason is known other than by the person who done it, wether that be a collector for aesthetic reasons or a dealer to sell on with the hope of it being unnoticed or with a 'made up ' story behind it.
I have no doubt Volunteersoldier is correct that any badge mutilated by a soldier serving in the British Army would certainly have consequences to answer and the wear would not be tolerated.
The only known adaption to a badge I know that was worn was the Parachute Regt cap badge, that being by the French during WW11 with the removal of the crown.
Paul
I think this is the most likely answer. All regiments were massively proud of their badges
Old 17-07-18, 08:27 PM

Cool Badge proud?

I have a RMP badge that reads "Royal Military lice" on the scroll . . !

Rob
Old 18-07-18, 09:55 AM

One Battalion of the North Staffordshire Regiment became the 154th Regt RAC during the second war. Could it have been for wearing on the black beret in the tanks, so as not to snag the intercom wiring ect?

Rob