British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Everything Else > Off topic

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 16-09-17, 05:37 PM

Default Ebay problems.

Anyone having ebay problems today? When I click on an item it is opening in a new window- so I have to close it rather than using the back arrow. Anyone else? Regards, Paul.
Old 16-09-17, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wardog View Post
Anyone having ebay problems today? When I click on an item it is opening in a new window- so I have to close it rather than using the back arrow. Anyone else? Regards, Paul.
If you have updated recently your browser has been reset to do this, it should happen on all web sites.

Marc
Old 16-09-17, 06:27 PM

Thanks Marc. I can use the back arrow for the forum OK but have just tried cap badge searches in ebay Ireland and ebay.com, they look to be working ok for searches. Regards, Paul.
Old 17-09-17, 07:39 AM

Hi Paul, Depending on the browser you use and as Marc mentioned, a browser update can mess up the settings.
You should be able to press "CTRL key and left click" to open the item in a new tab. you can then close that tab and carry on looking in the first tab.
Derrick.
Old 17-09-17, 04:36 PM

I have found others are having this problem. http://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Techn...m/td-p/5568126
If any one has an idea how I might be able to get back to normal I would welcome any step by step 'idiots guide' type instructions. Regards, Paul. PS I use IE 11 on Windows 7. Chrome works normally but for me its not as fast.
Old 17-09-17, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wardog View Post
I have found others are having this problem. http://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Techn...m/td-p/5568126
If any one has an idea how I might be able to get back to normal I would welcome any step by step 'idiots guide' type instructions. Regards, Paul. PS I use IE 11 on Windows 7. Chrome works normally but for me its not as fast.
Hello Paul

It would seem to be a problem with the ebay system rather than your browser in which case there is probably nothing you can do to put it right.

I had a different (but similar 'operating') problem a few weeks ago and thought it was my computer playing up but it turned out to be an ebay fault which they corrected after a couple of days. Frustrating but unfortunately you just have to put up with it.

If you make a comment on the ebay Community Forum yourself it will be another person voicing their concern and it might just make ebay sit up and listen and do something about it, although I wouldn't hold your breath!

Roger
Old 17-09-17, 09:18 PM

After 3 attempts at deleting Temp files, cookies etc, problem looks to be sorted. Hope it stays fixed. Regards, Paul.