British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Anodised Aluminium Badges

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 11-04-14, 10:18 PM

Default Lancashire fusiliers anodised

I know the cap badge is as rare as rocking horse ..... But what about the collars. I have a pair are they worth anything
Old 12-04-14, 06:00 AM

The collars are just the plain grenade type,so in my opinion not a lot. The shoulder titles are nice to have and worth maybe £5 - £10 for a matched pair.
Old 21-04-14, 07:47 PM
Banned

Default Lancashire Fusiliers a./a Cap badge.

Good evening.

Not at all my thing, but surprised no Member has commented on that nice Mr Bosley's Buywyze Site (Item No.1022157), which yesterday posted an a/a example of the cap. That is now listed as "Sold". Price? GBP600.

Mad. Totally mad. Give me a hallmark any day. Makes my hallmarked HPs look as cheap as chips.

Enjoy.

S.T.
Old 21-04-14, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Tourist View Post
Good evening.

Not at all my thing, but surprised no Member has commented on that nice Mr Bosley's Buywyze Site (Item No.1022157), which yesterday posted an a/a example of the cap. That is now listed as "Sold". Price? GBP600.

Mad. Totally mad. Give me a hallmark any day. Makes my hallmarked HPs look as cheap as chips.

Enjoy.

S.T.
Hi ST,

Each to his own I suppose.

I was directed to it yesterday for a 'look see' by a fellow collector.

In my opinion, the maker mark was genuine as was the slider for the maker. I have seen an unmarked slider example by Marples & Beasley but that is about it so was quite excited to see a Timings example.

Expensive? Yes, but this is a very rare badge and I am sure that many A/A collectors, like me, would like an example for their collections.

Regards,

Chris
Old 21-04-14, 08:47 PM
Banned

Good evening.

That is pretty much what was said about tulip bulbs. And, shares in a certain South Sea Company.

Enjoy.

S.T.
Old 21-04-14, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Good evening.

That is pretty much what was said about tulip bulbs. And, shares in a certain South Sea Company.

Enjoy.

S.T.
Hi ST,

Depend if you are collection from a purely speculative point of view.

If you are, then it could be argued that although the badge was offered for 600GBP it sold within 24 hours. This suggests that the price was too low.

Regards

Chris
Old 21-04-14, 09:08 PM
Banned

Default Lancashire Fusiliers a./a Cap badge.

Good evening.

I do not follow the logic.

Still, so what? The fun bit will be to see what the next one sells for. And, the one after that. And, the next one.

As I said, utter madness.

Enjoy.

S.t.
Old 21-04-14, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Good evening.

I do not follow the logic.

Still, so what? The fun bit will be to see what the next one sells for. And, the one after that. And, the next one.

As I said, utter madness.

Enjoy.

S.t.
Hi ST,

What logic are you refering too?

A collector wished to buy a badge for his collection and he bought it. What more is there to understand?

Do you purchase only for speculative reasons?

Regards

Chris
Old 22-04-14, 02:19 AM

People collect all sorts of stuff for all sorts of reasons. Intrinsic value doesn't necessarily drive everyone in the same way.

If a collector is looking for pieces to advance an already highly developed collection, price is not necessarily a vital factor. Filling a gap in the collection is often more important.

There are plenty of people who believe their collections are virtually priceless, but some might be bought up quite short if they were to try to find buyers for their incomparable pieces. These things, especially large collections, are often not easy to sell and there are often not too many potential buyers out there either.

On the other hand, AA Collectors rarely carry such ideas. Many of us know we are on the cheap and cheerful end of the market; for us it is not about money. But an Agonised Ally Lancashire Fusiliers badge can be guaranteed to be easily and quickly sold today for at least the same price as the one recently sold on Bosley's site.

Awra best to all.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Lancs Fus, Reverse.jpg (89.6 KB, 72 views)
File Type: jpg Lancs Fus.jpg (105.5 KB, 61 views)
Old 22-04-14, 07:41 AM

LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagwalther View Post
Hi ST,

What logic are you refering too?

A collector wished to buy a badge for his collection and he bought it. What more is there to understand?

Do you purchase only for speculative reasons?

Regards

Chris
Old 22-04-14, 01:35 PM

Default anodised Lancs Fus

Hi I didn't find out about this badge till today as some of you may know I have put my A/A collection up for view and in the hope I can fill some of the gaps I would certainly have purchased this badge so if anybody knows of one for sale please let me or the seller this goes for any badges I might not have many thanks chris
Old 22-04-14, 06:58 PM

Hes had two within a matter of months,not bad for a badge as rare as that.
Are the postal auction catalogues illustrated ?
£600 is a bit over the top,half that would have been a fairer price.I doubt whether it would have reached that sort of price on e..y

Last edited by Mike H; 22-04-14 at 07:19 PM.
Old 22-04-14, 07:20 PM

Default anodised

Hi just seen this post mine is marked timmings lives on a bit of card with other a/a badges I purchased a carrier bag full many years ago from a auction house outside Bedford Many were given away others swopped a number a/a for single metal badges If I only knew then what I know now

Regards David
Old 22-04-14, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49lassiepen View Post
Hi just seen this post mine is marked timmings lives on a bit of card with other a/a badges I purchased a carrier bag full many years ago from a auction house outside Bedford Many were given away others swopped a number a/a for single metal badges If I only knew then what I know now

Regards David
Could be the bubble will burst and the prices will drop through the floor.Or a box full will appear somewhere.
Old 22-04-14, 07:42 PM

Default anodised

Hi Mike H I,ve always collected as a hobby not for profit unless it drops less than a £1.00 I'm still o.k

Regards David