British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Everything Else > Off topic

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 13-04-14, 08:46 AM

Thanks Roger,
As you point out it was not a complaint about being outbid, I am not adverse to paying over the odds for something I want,as some know.
The point of the thread does seem to have been lost firstly by snidey comments and the annoying smillies that follow on many threads in this forum.
The person doing this for whatever reason will not stop me from using ebay though I will change my tact when bidding and look at using sniping.
Cheers.
Paul
Old 13-04-14, 09:01 AM

I hope that no offence was taken by my post. Certainly nothing was meant, I was trying to be reassuring. I do agree that his lack of feedback and/or wins is very odd but there could be a simple explanation like hes not got the money (like me)?
Old 13-04-14, 09:07 AM

Phil,
No offence taken, If he hasnt got the money he should not bid and retract his bids which he has done after I recently retracted mine on 2 items after I noticed his appearence again.
Paul
Old 13-04-14, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slop jockey View Post
Phil,
No offence taken, If he hasnt got the money he should not bid and retract his bids which he has done after I recently retracted mine on 2 items after I noticed his appearence again.
Paul
Okay, thats made it suspicious in my eyes.
Old 13-04-14, 11:14 AM
Demonic

WHY RETRACT YOUR BID IF THEY ARE NOT WINNING THE ITEM!!!!!!!!??????

YOU HAVE PUT YOUR HIGHEST BID ON THE ITEM FOR WHAT YOU THINK ITS WORTH, (WHAT YOU ARE WILLING TO PAY FOR THE ITEM)

SO REALLY YOU DONT WANT TO PAY THAT MUCH FOR THE ITEM AFTER ALL?????

WHEN YOU RETRACTED YOUR BID YOU CAN SEE THAT THE OTHER PERSON HAS MORE OR LESS SET YOU UP TO BE OUTBID BY THE NEXT HIGHEST BIDDER OR FOR THEM TO COME IN AND SNIPE YOU AT THE END.

THAT SOUNDS LIKE SUSPICIOUS BIDDING TO ME (ON YOUR PART) TAKING YOUR BID OFF KNOWING HOW MUCH THERE HIGHEST BID WAS.

LOOKING AT THIS ITEM I FOUND IF THIS IS YOU _***e
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1412508085...84.m1423.l2649

LOOKS TO ME AS IF THEY HAVE PUT THERE MAXIMUM BID ON AND FOUND OUT THEY WOULD BE THE HIGHEST BIDDER NEXT BID, YOU DID'NT LIKE THIS SO YOU RETRACTED YOUR BID.

THEY DID THE SAME BECAUSE LOOKING AT THE BID PRICES WHEN YOU TOOK YOUR BID OFF YOU HAVE LET EVERYBODY KNOW WHAT THERE HIGHEST BID WAS, THEN THEY PUT A DIFFERENT BID RIGHT BACK ON THE ITEM LIKE THE RULES STATE (SO THEY ARE NOT STALKING YOU AT ALL) YOU DID'NT???????

THINK ANDY IS RIGHT YOU HAVE AN ISSUE THAT ONLY A GP CAN RESOLVE.
Old 13-04-14, 11:35 AM

Yes, that is one of the items I had retracted my bid on. I did not highlight it so as not to further harm the sale to the seller.
What you fail to realise is this bidder although has left a bid which is below what a further bidder had put on has not raised it again to his higher bid which he retracted, he has no intention of making a purchase as this bidder has shown in the last few months. This is how he goes about his activities.
I have only recently retracted my bids with the intention to bid again.
You are certainly showing great interest in this matter, but rest assured it is something I have reported to ebay with with some evidence shown on previous items I have won.
Paul
Old 13-04-14, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonic View Post
WHY RETRACT YOUR BID IF THEY ARE NOT WINNING THE ITEM!!!!!!!!??????

<snip>lots more other very shout words...........</snip>

LOOKING AT THIS ITEM I FOUND IF THIS IS YOU _***e
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1412508085...84.m1423.l2649
Paul - I think we've found your stalker!!

Looks like shill bidding to me.

cheers,

Andy C
Old 13-04-14, 12:33 PM

qwerty

Last edited by Paul Spellman; 02-10-14 at 11:16 PM.
Old 13-04-14, 01:01 PM

Very interesting and why is it that a small number of people feel the need to have private feedback?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyC_65 View Post
Paul - I think we've found your stalker!!

Looks like shill bidding to me.

cheers,

Andy C
Old 13-04-14, 03:02 PM

What is particularly interesting is that M***P had a previous feedback score of (0). Now that fact has been mentioned on this thread M***P has made his feedback score private. It would tend to suggest that he might be following this thread as it would be a coincidence if changing it was a spur of the moment decision. Unless, of course Ebay have had a quiet word with him.
Old 13-04-14, 03:29 PM

Post cancelled- point has been made. In other posts.

Last edited by wardog; 13-04-14 at 03:36 PM.
Old 14-04-14, 01:56 PM

Default Suspicious eBay bidding patterns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slop jockey View Post
Yes, that is one of the items I had retracted my bid on. I did not highlight it so as not to further harm the sale to the seller.
What you fail to realise is this bidder although has left a bid which is below what a further bidder had put on has not raised it again to his higher bid which he retracted, he has no intention of making a purchase as this bidder has shown in the last few months. This is how he goes about his activities.
I have only recently retracted my bids with the intention to bid again.
You are certainly showing great interest in this matter, but rest assured it is something I have reported to ebay with with some evidence shown on previous items I have won.
Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Wood View Post
What is particularly interesting is that M***P had a previous feedback score of (0). Now that fact has been mentioned on this thread M***P has made his feedback score private. It would tend to suggest that he might be following this thread as it would be a coincidence if changing it was a spur of the moment decision. Unless, of course Ebay have had a quiet word with him.
Its's a shame this scam is still going on.
A few years ago,I noticed that a person who bought a few items from me on eBay under one user name,also had another account used purely for selling.

Nothing wrong with that,you may say,and rightly so.....until I also noticed the last minute cover bids being placed against geniune bidders on their auction items. (they are a couple from Merseyside).in order to bang up the final bid prices,using their buyer account,to bid on their seller account.
When they did slip up and actually win an item,they were even sending positive feedback between accounts to make it look the real deal.

I contacted a few of the victims,as luckily they had also bought items from me recently,and I knew their identity. I also reported it to eBay,and all they did was to suspend the buyer account.They then immediately made their seller account feedback private,which I thought was not allowed?
Not exactly the self policing that eBay UK claim to be carrying out!