British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Cavalry, Yeomanry, Tank/RAC Badges

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 12-09-17, 06:56 PM

Default GLAMORGAN YEOMANRY 1914 - AYLSHAM RPC

Nice interesting RPC of a horse being sheared/clipped.

Photo taken at Aylsham in Norfolk in 1914.

No 4 Troop, D Squadron.

Signed Emrys (so either the sergeant or trooper) posted to Mr D John, 5 Princess St, Treforest.

Unfortunately card is snapped in half.

Ta

Jonathan

img087.jpg
Old 12-09-17, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROOKIES View Post
Nice interesting RPC of a horse being sheared/clipped.

Photo taken at Aylsham in Norfolk in 1914.

No 4 Troop, D Squadron.

Signed Emrys (so either the sergeant or trooper) posted to Mr D John, 5 Princess St, Treforest.

Unfortunately card is snapped in half.

Ta

Jonathan

Attachment 177772

Jonathan,

Lovely pic and (if I may say so) possibly a potential candidate for a caption competition too?

'Cold mornings on the Norfolk fens can wreak havoc with modern technology. Here we see the MkII Combustion Engine Equine pit team, practicing their crank handle cold starts in readiness for the forthcoming hostilities on the Eastern Front'

Thanks for posting... I'll get me coat!

JT.
Old 12-09-17, 07:42 PM

Sure that's not a camouflage section foot pump squad with inflatable horse, precursor to the inflatable tank of WWII?

How do you narrow "Emrys" down to one of two men rather than the three, from a roll of the troop members?
Old 12-09-17, 08:51 PM

As my offices are in Taffs Well I will take a photo of 5 Princess St, Treforest over the next couple of days. For the Sais it's 2 miles up the road.
Old 12-09-17, 09:23 PM

Default Can you guys help a damsel in distress?

Hi Folks!

I'm sorry to hijack your thread but I can't work out how to start a thread of my own. If you could point me in the right direction I'd be so grateful.

I want to post a picture of a Great Uncle to see if anyone can tell me what regiment he was in, I have searched the internet to identify his cap and shoulder badge/insignia but I've had no success.
Old 12-09-17, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAAFI Girl View Post
Hi Folks!

I'm sorry to hijack your thread but I can't work out how to start a thread of my own. If you could point me in the right direction I'd be so grateful.

I want to post a picture of a Great Uncle to see if anyone can tell me what regiment he was in, I have searched the internet to identify his cap and shoulder badge/insignia but I've had no success.
1) First of all you need to decide which forum your post should be placed within. If you go to the homepage, you will see all the various forums/categories listed there:

2) Click on the appropriate forum, and at the top-left, you will see a blue button with the words 'NEW THREAD' in white letters. Click on this and start typing.

3) Everything you need to create a post is explained here, in the 'Reading and Posting Messages' section at the bottom of the FAQ page.

Hope this helps.

JT