British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Canadian Military Insignia > General Topics

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 20-02-14, 01:03 PM

Default CEF Badges - CEF Project

In the near future there will be a number of new badge images, Bn's 1 thru 33, posted. Thanks to Lovat Dawson for sharing his images.

The Inf Bn's have at least one of each of their badges posted. The Corp's have a few that are still missing. I have a few from R. Lambert that need processing - that will fill in some of the blanks.

We will post images of collars, shoulders, buttons, sweethearts, basically any "device"/badge that is attached to the uniform. If you wish to contribute, please scan or photo your article and email to me. A large file is the best - please do not compress.

If you have a fake badge, please consider sharing its image, front and back along with an explanation of the points to look for that proves it to be fake

Thanks
Old 20-02-14, 01:10 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks Larry, your work is appreciated.
Old 03-03-14, 12:04 AM

Very Nice!

Some nice varieties under the 1-33 Infantry Bn's.
Old 08-03-14, 06:11 PM

Thumbs up CEF Corps Cap Badges

I could probably fill a good many of the holes in this section too, but I know there are a good many collectors out there who could also contribute (you know who you are!)

One area of the Gallery that could do with looking at is the CEF Artillery; with so many different numbered Btys with their individual cap badges and styles (possibly including some of the well known 'fakes'), this would be a very welcome addition to the growing number of images. Larry then has no option than to turn from Babin's references, which is the cross-reference source used for all the images (and that's simply because his books do not contain any CEF Arty images), and instead adopt the Charlton reference system. I've probably got about 14 or 15 individually numbered Arty Bty cap badges, images of which I'll send to Larry in the next few weeks. I do hope others will throw their caps into the ring .
Old 08-03-14, 07:06 PM

Default Correction

OK - before you guys all descend on me I know that Babin's does contain some CEF Arty badges, but not really enough for it to be used as the Gallery Guide.
Old 08-03-14, 09:18 PM

Hi...This sounds like a great project..May I ask where you find the photos

Thanks Mike
Old 08-03-14, 10:06 PM
Super Moderator

Hi Mike, On each of these pages, in the upper right corner there are links to galleries (projects). Note we have all the main eras of Canadian badges in four different galleries. The galleries are made from images sent in by the members of the Forum. It is an excellent resource, and the galleries are the result of the generosity and efforts of the donating members. Many thanks to all who have contributed.
Old 08-03-14, 10:20 PM

Thank You Bill...Yes many thanks to all who send in photos..A great source for collectors...

Bill do you ever believe there will be a gallery of reproductions badges front and back that would help collectors to see the difference between a reproduction and an original...It would help in the collecting field so collectors would not get burned.When buying so called original badges...

Thank-You...Mike
Old 17-03-14, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by milcollectorblue View Post
I could probably fill a good many of the holes in this section too, but I know there are a good many collectors out there who could also contribute (you know who you are!)

One area of the Gallery that could do with looking at is the CEF Artillery; with so many different numbered Btys with their individual cap badges and styles (possibly including some of the well known 'fakes'), this would be a very welcome addition to the growing number of images. Larry then has no option than to turn from Babin's references, which is the cross-reference source used for all the images (and that's simply because his books do not contain any CEF Arty images), and instead adopt the Charlton reference system. I've probably got about 14 or 15 individually numbered Arty Bty cap badges, images of which I'll send to Larry in the next few weeks. I do hope others will throw their caps into the ring .
I know the limitations of the Babin numbering system for the Arty badges. When we run into a badge that is numbered in the Charlton and not the Babin system it is noted as such. The Inf Bn area of the project is mostly finished. We have at least one example of each badge. As varients come in, they will be posted. There are several areas within the CORPs collection that are missing images. In time they will be filled in