British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > General Topics.

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 21-03-17, 07:02 PM

Default Well travelled badges.

Bought a couple of badges in late January, badges posted 26/1, I never received them, informed seller who very kindly returned my money.Lo and behold what arrived in the letterbox this morning but my two badges having arrived via Jamaica I had given up hope but well done to the PO.Better late than never.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jamaica.jpg (28.7 KB, 89 views)
Old 21-03-17, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by connaught View Post
Bought a couple of badges in late January, badges posted 26/1, I never received them, informed seller who very kindly returned my money.Lo and behold what arrived in the letterbox this morning but my two badges having arrived via Jamaica I had given up hope but well done to the PO.Better late than never.
Missent to Jamaica ? Not far out of the way then.
Andy
Old 21-03-17, 07:45 PM

Cool Missing in action

I bought a badge (HAC gun type) online and never received it, got a refund then, 3 months later the badge arrived, stuck in the bottom of the mailbag . . !

I sent the the money to the person who refunded it . . !

Rob
Old 21-03-17, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by connaught View Post
Lovely story - pleased your badges eventually found their way home.

Puts me in mind of the pitfalls occasionally encountered by Royal Mail with regard to handwritten abbreviations and postcodes. One that springs to mind is mail addressed and intended for 'London Central' (postcode W1), having the worrying propensity for being mis-sorted and misdelivered to the West Indies... W.I.

Last edited by Jelly Terror; 22-03-17 at 10:09 AM. Reason: Spectacles located... typos corrected [cringe]
Old 21-03-17, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelly Terror View Post
Lovely story - pleased your badges eventually found their way home.

Puts me in mind of the pitfalls occasionslly encountered by Royal Mail with regard to handwritten abbreviations and postcodes. One that springs to mind is mail addressed and intended for 'London Central' (postcode W1), having the worrying propensity for being mis-sorted and misdelivred to the West Indies... W.I.
It was great to see them turn up.Once had another package go to Norway but got it within 10 days.
Old 21-03-17, 09:58 PM

I had a parcel with 3 badges in it, coming from SA, it took a year. Last known and confirmed location was Heathrow Airport. It was ultimately delivered to my old address and found by my ex next door neighbour.

Another parcel, coming from Germany, went through Belgium, Holland, Dublin, Wales, Luton and then finally to me in Essex. It took 2 months.