British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > General Topics.

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 19-06-17, 10:11 AM

Default ebay/paypal

Over the last while I have bought more than one badge from ebay seller. This has happened on several occasions. When I go to paypal and request ‘combine postage’ I get a message from ebay/paypal saying that “this seller does not offer combined postage, proceed to checkout”. I have tried to contact the seller on each occasion but keep getting the same message. I have then gone back to the original listing and asked a question “can you combine postage please on my (2/3) badges?” In each case I have received a positive response from the seller. Has anyone else came across this?
Eddie
Old 19-06-17, 10:15 AM

It is quite simple for the seller to send you an invoice for all your items with one postage charge on.

Ask him to do it and it shouldnt be a problem. I send such invoices all the time

regards

Manchester Regiment Collector
Rank, Prize & Trade Badges
British & Commonwealth Artillery Badges
Old 19-06-17, 10:24 AM
Super Moderator

I have had exactly the same problem. It's because the seller does not select the combined postage option. it's easily overlooked.

Alan
Old 19-06-17, 10:30 AM

Simon,
I know that, but ebay/paypal provide a button in order to request combined postage but when you use it they produce a message that seller does not offer combined postage. They make it difficult for buyer to contact the seller I have only experienced this recently and when I do get in contact with the seller the problem is resolved. I was starting to thing paypal had shares in Royalmail.
Eddie
Old 19-06-17, 10:32 AM

I had a similar message recently and ebay wouldn't allow me to ask for a total, when I tried the same message came up.

So now if I want more than one item and the description doesn't say there is a discount I assume I will have to pay more postage and bid lower for the item.

Rob
Old 19-06-17, 11:18 AM

Rob,
It is very annoying the way ebay blocks you from contacting the seller, it could put you off buying from that seller. The way I found around it was to go back to the original listing and scan down to 'ask a question'. I then asked the seller to combine postage. It has worked for me in every case so far. Thank you Alan.
Eddie
Old 19-06-17, 11:32 AM

Same problem with ebay/paypal I always contact the seller via the listing ,never had a problem The seller in many cases state they did not know that
there was a problem
David
Old 19-06-17, 11:46 AM

I find no problems at all paying combined invoices using a desk top but for some reason cannot pay combined invoices using phone.
Every now and then (only by phone) PayPal fails because its stated the seller will not take PayPal unless the buyers phone number is disclosed. When I contact the sellers they're as baffled as I am by the requirement.
Old 19-06-17, 01:00 PM

If the seller lists Post Office postage then combined postage is usually no problem. There IS a problem if he lists Ebay's Global Priority. This is twice the price of PO postage, or more, and if you have bought two items you will be charged four times the normal PO rate. I won't play their game and spend my money elsewhere.
Old 19-06-17, 04:56 PM

I am not sure I understand the issue. The few items I sell people will ask for combined postage.As Simon said if they win more than one item I just send an updated invoice with combined postage. Its never been an issue.
Old 19-06-17, 06:18 PM

MH331,
I have always found that to be the case but recently I have had ebay stop me asking for combined postage. In all cases I managed to contact the sellers and resolve the problems. Ebay or paypal tried to block my contacting the sellers.
Eddie
Old 20-06-17, 02:26 PM

I had a different one recently.
I purchased (BIN - buy it now) two items, but the seller had not included postage.
Ebay demanded a postage value.
So I tried to mail the seller requesting postage.
E-bay told me the message could not be sent before i had completed the purchase.
Ebay does this because it is afraid of Off-site sales. It is also perfect to reduce sales.
I gave up. It is all the seller's fault of course.

In the past I had been hit by double postage without refund.
I disliked that and I stopped buying multiple items from one seller.