British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > South African Military and Police Insignia > General Topics

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 07-10-13, 08:27 PM

Hi visit www.warstore.co.za for a winged springbok worn on polo helmets check under ww2 badges .
Old 07-10-13, 10:01 PM

HI mate
I have been watching that for a while now, but was undecided, but I have just purchased it!!
Thanks
Old 09-10-13, 06:56 PM

Here is a photo showing SAAF buglers of the period when the helmet and finial was worn.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SAAF buglers 1.jpg (95.3 KB, 31 views)
Old 09-10-13, 09:16 PM

Thanks for the picture, any idea of a date?
BM
Old 10-10-13, 10:58 AM

BM

Nice buy, as I said before not that many around. Makes a nice centre piece.

I would however not recommend this site to any mates, these prices are a little "beyond it" to be honest. I am sure it is illegal to advertise in dollars when it is a SA Site, anyway so be it. With prices like this I am sure the owner obviously is not selling to pay the rent and put bread on the table, he obviously has another source of income.

Rant over.

Brian
Old 10-10-13, 07:17 PM

Hi Brian
Yea I agree with all your comments, and have seen this site before, and been warned off it also, but I have been looking at the FINAL for sometime, I did not think the price was to bad though.
On another note I think that actionoke is the warstore?, thats just what I think and don't know if I should say here?
stay well and thanks for your help
Ian (Badgeman)
Old 11-10-13, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgeman View Post
Hi Brian
Yea I agree with all your comments, and have seen this site before, and been warned off it also, but I have been looking at the FINAL for sometime, I did not think the price was to bad though.
On another note I think that actionoke is the warstore?, thats just what I think and don't know if I should say here?
stay well and thanks for your help
Ian (Badgeman)
Warstore/actionoke one and the same. Have fun. Andrew
Old 11-10-13, 07:17 AM

Guys

Thanks for the feedback regards the dealership of the Warstore. With the exchange rate high as it is at the moment, these prices do favour overseas buyers, quite the opposite for local SA collectors. I hope it is not an attempt to exploit foreign visitors? Everyone to his own I surpose.

The bottom line is if you are prepared to wait for an item you desire, it will come up somewhere at a resonable price, thats just the way it is.

Brian
Old 11-10-13, 08:27 PM

Thanks for all your input into this
BM
Old 12-10-13, 04:59 PM

to answer your concerns which seems to be coming mainly from South African based collectors...Our site is trading out of the USA .We can trade in any currency we like ....We have no control over the exchange rate and if it favours overseas buyers as you call them please speak to Zuma and his people about this.I bet you would not be moaning if the Rand was the other way round.The military collecting market is a international market and trades worldwide so this attitude of price protection for local SA buyers is so out of date...We carry rare and hard items to find and we wish you luck in finding the items yourself.We have noticed that when people want to sell us items they want top Dollar which we are happy to pay as we realise these military items do not grow on trees and copies abound and so when we sell them at market related prices its the local collectors who are the biggest moaners ..double edged sword I guess but we continue to supply appreciative collectors worldwide .Happy collecting
Old 12-10-13, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionoke View Post
to answer your concerns which seems to be coming mainly from South African based collectors...Our site is trading out of the USA .We can trade in any currency we like ....We have no control over the exchange rate and if it favours overseas buyers as you call them please speak to Zuma and his people about this.I bet you would not be moaning if the Rand was the other way round.The military collecting market is a international market and trades worldwide so this attitude of price protection for local SA buyers is so out of date...We carry rare and hard items to find and we wish you luck in finding the items yourself.We have noticed that when people want to sell us items they want top Dollar which we are happy to pay as we realise these military items do not grow on trees and copies abound and so when we sell them at market related prices its the local collectors who are the biggest moaners ..double edged sword I guess but we continue to supply appreciative collectors worldwide .Happy collecting
I believe in willing seller, willing buyer. The price will be determined by that, and that alone, in my opinion. So no hard feelings from me. Regards Andrew
Old 13-10-13, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Hi Guys,
I meant no ill feeling when I said my previous comments about actionocke and warstore, after all if people have warned me and I still buy from them, then that's surely up to me! I have bought from these people lots of times before, and have had nothing but an excellent service from them, as for the paying in Dollars lots of my SA Dealer friends sell in dollars, because the Rand is so low, and the Dollar is universally excepted anywhere.
Stay well
BM
Old 13-10-13, 03:00 PM

Badgeman the photo of the SAAF buglers was taken in the late 1920s / early 1930s.

Regards

Madziro
Old 13-10-13, 07:29 PM

OK thanks for the date!
BM
Old 15-10-13, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Alan

I find your answer rather condescending towards us local SA collectors, many of us do not have loads of dollars to flash about but have supported local dealers for years and years including the Warstore, and now we get told to basically get over ourselves ummm nice one.

Rant over, I will be moving on.

Apologies to the original author for hi-jacking this thread

Brian