British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Airborne, Elite and Special Forces Insignia

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 15-08-17, 03:30 PM

Default Strange badge on early commandos

Hi,

I'm looking for what is the badge on the pockets of this both commandos?

This photo was taken during the Operation Claymore in March 1941 (Raid in Lofoten islands in Norway)...

... and this one is a photo of Lance-Sergeant Charles R. Hughes killed in action during Operation Archery in Vaagso raid, December 1942. He was member of the 2 Troop, No. 3 Commando. His first regiment was the Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire Regiment.
In his biography on the website of Commando Veterans Association, it isn't tell that he was on the Lofoten islands.
So, I don't think so he isn't the same guy on the both photos.
http://www.commandoveterans.org/Char...ughes3Commando

The badge looks like in metal and looks like represents an animal. It isn't looks like regulation, both soldiers don't wear it on the same side of the pocket. I don't know the first regiment of the commando of the photo taken on Lofoten Islands, can it be another variant of a Bedford & Hertford badge?

I just know this both photos with badge, do you know others?
Do you have any idea of what is this badge?

Regards,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg insigne-2.jpg (31.2 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg insigne-1.jpg (37.4 KB, 32 views)