British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Common Forums > Reproductions, Restrikes, Fakes, Forgeries, and Copies

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 07-10-13, 05:24 PM
Former Member

Default Sgt Sydney Militaria

Sgt Sydney has listed a lot of German items on Sell My Militaria, they look okay to me however I have received a message from another member that he/they may be a scammer?

Has anyone had any dealings with them in the past and in the meantime if anyone does decide to purchase anything, please ensure that you use a secure method of payment!

Best regards

Andy
Old 07-10-13, 05:54 PM

Hi Andy, just had a quick look at two of the German items listed and neither are good IMHO. The SS visor cap for £450 is way too cheap and it looks wrong to me and the same for the FJ helmet which is a fake.

Some of his other items might be OK, but most of it is too cheap to be real and much better pics are needed, so a scammer is probably correct.

Jerry
Old 07-10-13, 06:04 PM
Former Member

Jerry,
many thanks, they have listed several items, the photos are quite good and can be enlarged even further by double clicking on the main image and then using the NEXT function;

http://www.sellmymilitaria.com/site/...034&Itemid=477

It would not be fair block the items unless I had concrete evidence that they are "Scammers", if anyone is tempted to buy something, please ensure you use a secure payment method such as PayPal and if anyone has anything to add please get back to me!

Andy
Old 07-10-13, 07:18 PM

Andy,

I looked at the larger versions of the pictures and the SS visor is bad as is the FJ helmet, but with these sorts of itmes buyers expect to see pictures much larger than those shown. The RZM double decal SS helmet is also too cheap and anyone buying such items would expect to see high def large size detail pictures of the decals and the other markings before parting with their money.

The SS visor would sell for a few 1000 or more and the DD SS helmet would be in the many 1000's. No one would sell them that cheap in the days of the internet unless either they know they are bad or they have no intention of ever sending the items.

If you think there are problems with fake British badges, try buying TR German items, especially SS items. I collected German WWII items for many years before I turned to the light side and they are a complete minefield with fakes so good you would not believe it and prices so high you would not consider buying items without very very good images first.

Jerry
Old 07-10-13, 07:27 PM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBBOND View Post
Andy,

I looked at the larger versions of the pictures and the SS visor is bad as is the FJ helmet, but with these sorts of itmes buyers expect to see pictures much larger than those shown. The RZM double decal SS helmet is also too cheap and anyone buying such items would expect to see high def large size detail pictures of the decals and the other markings before parting with their money.

The SS visor would sell for a few 1000 or more and the DD SS helmet would be in the many 1000's. No one would sell them that cheap in the days of the internet unless either they know they are bad or they have no intention of ever sending the items.

If you think there are problems with fake British badges, try buying TR German items, especially SS items. I collected German WWII items for many years before I turned to the light side and they are a complete minefield with fakes so good you would not believe it and prices so high you would not consider buying items without very very good images first.
Jerry,
many thanks, I've contacted the seller and if the reply is not positive I'll suspend the listings!

Andy
Old 07-10-13, 07:31 PM

Andy,

The Spange for the EKI with the SS award document is a fake or at least the document is a fake, most obviously as it is dated Feb 42 but the unit in question did not become a Panzer division until 1943, though it is stamped as a Panzer division a year and a half before it was formed, because in 42 it was a panzer grenadier division.

3 obvious fakes out of the 4 items I have looked at and I expect the other is as well as the RZM and SS markings do not look correct on the double decal SS helmet.

Jerry
Old 07-10-13, 08:19 PM
Former Member

Jerry,
I've suspended all the items until I get a reply!

Many thanks

Andy
Old 08-10-13, 08:15 PM

Hi

Im the person who contacted you andy.If you look on other forum,this person has uses different e mails to con people.If you google his e mail adress,all the bad news appears.On one website,theres a pictures of his id card and picture.tommy t bag
Old 08-10-13, 08:21 PM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy t bag View Post
Hi

Im the person who contacted you andy.If you look on other forum,this person has uses different e mails to con people.If you google his e mail adress,all the bad news appears.On one website,theres a pictures of his id card and picture.tommy t bag
Thank you,
my aim is to make Sell My Militaria a safe place to buy and sell Militaria. I rely on individuals such as yourself to raise concerns about the items listed! Having done some research I am now more than happy to remove this sellers items and thanks to all those who have contacted me

Andy
Old 09-10-13, 08:54 AM

thanks handy.