British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Anodised Aluminium Badges

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 19-08-16, 08:57 AM

Default INFANTRY JUNIOR LEADERS BATTALION

I found the following (and brought it) badge at a car boot yesterday at Ford in West Sussex. It is a INFANTRY JUNIOR LEADERS BATTALION in ALL silver anodised with maker mark on the slider of J.R.GAUNT B'HAM.
It is the short sword version. There is NO sign that it was anything other then silver a/a.
Did the INFANTRY JUNIOR LEADERS BATTALION have a band/pipers etc to merit this badge? Or was it a distinction award? I would assume that it is not known as there is no mention of this (version) within the Hagwalter anodised project or in Chris CUNNIFFE collection as far as I can see.
Can you shed any light on this badge please?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg JIB front.jpg (35.7 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg JIB back.jpg (34.4 KB, 37 views)

JERRY
ROYAL ENGINEERS/BRITISH ARMY CORPS & SERVICES/BRITISH LEGION/ROYAL BRITISH LEGION (see albums)
Old 19-08-16, 09:43 AM

Hi Jerry
Don't mean to dispute you.But on a few of my anodised badges the gold colour is so light it almost looks silver.Could this not be the case with your badge.
Regards Neil
Old 19-08-16, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil M.ex14/20H.MAN A.C.F View Post
Hi Jerry
Don't mean to dispute you.But on a few of my anodised badges the gold colour is so light it almost looks silver.Could this not be the case with your badge.
Regards Neil
Hello Neil, Even with very close examination it is defiantly all silver anodised.
I have compared it with a/a badges that are very light colour and with other silver a/a badges it still comes out as silver. If anyone would like to see this badge I will have it with me at Bromley this coming Sunday.
Hopefully UK Brits will be there and confirm (or not) that it is silver.
Jerry.

JERRY
ROYAL ENGINEERS/BRITISH ARMY CORPS & SERVICES/BRITISH LEGION/ROYAL BRITISH LEGION (see albums)
Old 19-08-16, 11:43 AM

I'd say its a colour oddity, I have a gold Argylls (IIRC)... just a freak badge. Sometimes they don't dip the gold colour by mistake.

Tom
Old 21-08-16, 09:44 PM

After showing this badge to a few people at Bromley today (Sunday) it was decided that it is a unfinished gold badge that slipped through quality control.

JERRY