British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Everything Else > Off topic

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 13-08-17, 10:04 PM

Default Regimental Blazer

Hello All,

Looking for some input on a subject. As a former serving officer; I am capable of wearing either the ASHofC blazer and the CIC(Cadet Instructor Cadre) blazer. I however have only worn the Regiment blazer (Blue with crest) and never worn (or even purchased the Green Jacket). I have just recently purchased the CIC blazer crest and I am wondering if I can wear both (temporally) until I can purchase another jacket. The reason for my inquiry is I am attending a parade this coming week which it would be better suited for the CIC insignia, however it would not be inappropriate to wear the ASHofC. To complicate the matter I have lost my CIC lapel pin which I would normally wear with my ASHofC jacket.

Looking for guidance, is there a quote, unquote rule or is it grey and if grey your thoughts on the matter. The CIC is a pinned back and I place on the right half of my jacket. It seems over powering with both on.

Thank you in advance

Chris
Attached Images
File Type: jpg blazer with two.jpg (31.9 KB, 24 views)
Old 13-08-17, 10:54 PM

Overpowering is relative.

Rgds, Thomas.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Korean-soldier-medals.jpg (60.1 KB, 14 views)
Old 13-08-17, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlandas View Post
Hello All,

Looking for some input on a subject. As a former serving officer; I am capable of wearing either the ASHofC blazer and the CIC(Cadet Instructor Cadre) blazer. I however have only worn the Regiment blazer (Blue with crest) and never worn (or even purchased the Green Jacket). I have just recently purchased the CIC blazer crest and I am wondering if I can wear both (temporally) until I can purchase another jacket. The reason for my inquiry is I am attending a parade this coming week which it would be better suited for the CIC insignia, however it would not be inappropriate to wear the ASHofC. To complicate the matter I have lost my CIC lapel pin which I would normally wear with my ASHofC jacket.

Looking for guidance, is there a quote, unquote rule or is it grey and if grey your thoughts on the matter. The CIC is a pinned back and I place on the right half of my jacket. It seems over powering with both on.

Thank you in advance

Chris
I believe that the convention is one blazer crest and up to two lapel pins on the wearer's left.
I have seen RC Legion members with the Legion blazer badge on their left and a regimental/corps blazer crest on their right pocket, but it looks a bit "too much".

I'm thinking there should be velcro backed blazer crests - square backing so that they all require the same size matching velcro on the blazer. Then you can mix and match.

Just my thoughts.

Phil

Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur

Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Old 13-08-17, 10:57 PM

Just saw your pic.
Just don't.

Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur

Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Old 13-08-17, 11:18 PM

Phil,

I would be first to line up for the Velcro especially if the jacket was of the same colour.

Thank you for your input.

Chris