British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Royal Flying Corps and Royal Air Force

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 15-09-11, 07:04 PM

thanks for those links...they're really handy sites which I hadn't come across before.
It's pretty clear to see what's real or not. I can't find a single piece of info on those suspect brevets...for good reason.
Can't believe the seller is so blatantly misinforming me.
Crazy.
Old 15-09-11, 09:00 PM
Banned

Fred, ask yourself a couple of questions.

If he is licensed by the MoD, why would they require him to make badges that have been obsolete for over 60 years?

These are AIRCREW wings. Why would a driver wear an aircrew badge?

Men were trained as Air Gunners. Not every aircraft had a nose turret (for example) of a mid turret, so why would the Air Ministry waste time and money on badges for individual turret positions? AG served all.

The man, like his badges is a fantasist.

SAS
Old 15-09-11, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAS1 View Post
Fred, ask yourself a couple of questions.

If he is licensed by the MoD, why would they require him to make badges that have been obsolete for over 60 years?

These are AIRCREW wings. Why would a driver wear an aircrew badge?

Men were trained as Air Gunners. Not every aircraft had a nose turret (for example) of a mid turret, so why would the Air Ministry waste time and money on badges for individual turret positions? AG served all.

The man, like his badges is a fantasist.

SAS
some extremely well thought-out & logical insights there. Makes total sense.
Old 16-09-11, 12:49 AM
Banned

Fred, this is the most important thing the seller has said to you: "however please feel free to send them all back for a full refund if your not fully satisfied with them or i can get them picked up from you as we have a buying office only 6 miles from your location sir who can save you postage costs and discuss it further if you wish."
Old 16-09-11, 09:12 AM

Default Fantasy embroidered badges

This has been mentioned before, Embroidery Companies who make fantasy items and then flog them on line with the "suggestion" that there is some measure of official approval for them.

There is a company offering supposed Lancashire Hussars arm badges which are pure fantasy and just consist of an embroidered Lancashire Rose, I wont mention the name of the company but they appear to have a connection with that county.

The fact that these are being produced and offered for sale suggests some are being sold.

You can fool some of the people some of the time ( until they join the BCMBF ) but you cant fool all of the people all of the time.

P.B.

Members welcome in my private Facebook group “The Kings Liverpool Regiment ( 1685-1958 )”
Old 17-09-11, 12:42 PM

Thanks everyone, really helpful.