British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Common Forums > New Member Introduction Zone

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 24-01-15, 12:36 AM

Default Hello Everyone! Mrs. BlueBadger

Hi everyone,

My name is Stacy. I am married to Jeff aka "BlueBadger", and we both live in North Carolina, USA. My husband got me into collecting when we were dating, around 2001. I started off collecting RAF perspex and other handmade sweethearts, of which I now have an extensive collection. We both now jointly collect all WW2 British women's items, specifically focusing on headdress, insignia and photographs. We are always open to offers of any items related to WW2 British Women, so please feel free to PM us any items you have for sale for consideration. I'm look forward to meeting you all as time goes on.

~Stacy
Old 24-01-15, 02:10 AM

Hi Stacy,

A heartfelt 'welcome' to the forum, always lovely to have a lady on board. A very interesting area you collect too, well done, just goes to show that history has so much to offer. I have traveled over much of the US (I'm English but live in Arizona) but can't say I have found my way to your part of the world yet.

Best wishes and good luck, Roy.

Despatch Rider Insignia & Photographs.

Author/Dealer in the Fairbairn Sykes Fighting Knife
My website: www.fsknife.com
Old 24-01-15, 09:27 AM

Welcome to the forum Stacy. As said by Roy, nice to see a lady "join up" Plenty to see and read here and hope you will show your collection in the album section soon. This one site that sells sweethearts etc, you may already have seen this one, I find they can be quite expensive. (just my opinion)

ENJOY!

JERRY
ROYAL ENGINEERS/BRITISH ARMY CORPS & SERVICES/BRITISH LEGION/ROYAL BRITISH LEGION (see albums)
Old 24-01-15, 05:37 PM

How lovely to see a lady joining in too. Welcome.
Old 25-01-15, 12:59 AM

From the National Fire Service to the Red Cross to the SOE; British women did their part in the war.

No matter the Nation, no matter the Conflict, Women in War is a much neglected part of history.

Welcome to the forum Stacy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2emebu2y.jpg (55.2 KB, 14 views)
Old 25-01-15, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by engr9266 View Post
Welcome to the forum Stacy. As said by Roy, nice to see a lady "join up" Plenty to see and read here and hope you will show your collection in the album section soon. This one site that sells sweethearts etc, you may already have seen this one, I find they can be quite expensive. (just my opinion)

ENJOY!

I assume you are speaking of Sally Bosley's brooches site. It is VERY pricey, but we have obtained a few select items from there in the past. Always a good reference though.

I will diligently work on photographing and setting up an album for Stacy's sweethearts. Its quite an impressive lot to see. A very feminine area of collecting that got her into the hobby in a big way. I love than we collect together now and she gets as excited as me over finding treasures.
Old 25-01-15, 02:14 AM

Welcome to the Forum small I think compared to the American version but a lot more friendly and easier to navigate! Very nice people on the site knowledgeable and informative wish you well in your collection billy
Old 25-01-15, 02:00 PM

Welcome, nice to see an enthusiastic new member