British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Canadian Military Insignia > Infantry

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 06-11-09, 07:12 PM

Default Garrison Bttn badge

Well, now that it's over & all the forum members who saw this listing and were afraid to point anyone else at it for fear of the competition can breathe easier

An absolute bargain -- too bad I ran out of money at 2nd place.

Congratulations to Bidder 6, whomever you may be (here's hoping it's someone on this forum who ISN'T a dealer). I think the poor guy in Britain who listed this must still be passed out on the floor, seeing as he had no idea what he had for offer. Wonder how many "how about you end this early, I'll give you 50 quid" emails he got?
Old 06-11-09, 07:19 PM
Super Moderator

Missed that badge completely. The buyer got a real bargain at that price. I think the last one I saw at a show was listed at $2800 and the vendor hinted he might deal a bit.
Old 13-11-09, 04:47 PM

Default I am bidder 6!

This is my first post on this forum and it is a good way for me to make an introduction! I won that Garrison badge on eBay and it will find a good home with me. I only need a die struck, lugged FSSF cap badge to complete my WW2 collection. I also have a complete collection of 260 original numbered infantry badges (with a 9A) so I guess my collection is pretty strong. Not bad for a collector who has been at it for less then 10 years.

Definitely a bargain price for that Garrison badge! The seller said that he was floored when the price hit 100 GBP so it is all good as far as he is concerned.

I'm sure I will pop up on these forums from time to time. I'm also sure that I'll run into DavidS again!

Happy collecting.
Al